Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2001, 08:09 AM   #1
Shrylia
Manshoon

I cna't remember the name of this place, but its where I am supposed to kill Villynilly and bring his heart to the king. Well, after I was taken to Villynilly he tried to talk me into joining with him against the King...and I decided to just kill him and take his heart...which I did, but...now I am stuck in this small place. Whne I try to opan some big doors they ask for the tooth that I don't have yet...and when I try to go down to underdark it says I need a rope...which I don't have and can't seem to find. Any help...greatly appreciated!!!
Old 05-07-2001, 08:21 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

you shouldnt have been able to see the prince until u got the tooth because the tooth u get from the old drow buildings opens the gates to where the prince is. it may be a bug in ur game and i think u will have to reload sorry
Old 05-07-2001, 08:47 AM   #3
Shrylia
Manshoon

Thats interesting. I remember being in the middle of a big fight with lots of dead stuff and then suddenly a critter came along and asked me if I wanted to go to see Villynilly now and off we all went. I remember thinking at the time that it seemd a little inappropriate to the moment. I think you might be right about this being a bug. Thanks ... I will retrace my steps.
Old 05-07-2001, 05:59 PM   #4
masteraleph
Elminster

It's kind of a bug. I think I know why it happens (slight spoiler!)

OK, what happens is that you're supposed to go to the south near the beginning (you'll know you're in the right area when you see the platform w/the imps). You'll then have a conversation with a very funny beholder (I'm serious, he's a pretty likeable guy if you have a high wisdom and don't have to kill him). That's where you can get the tooth, which will undo those doors you're having problems with.
Now, what happens is that when a certain guard sees you (or a guard sees you in a specific place) with the rebel orb, they'll bring you to the prince. You should have had to enter the rebel palace (using the tooth) to get there. The problem is, if you're where you were (with the undead), then they can still see you. So they grab you and bring you to the prince...if you don't have the tooth yet, that could be a big problem getting out.
Old 05-08-2001, 08:11 AM   #5
Shrylia
Manshoon

That is exactly it! I went southwest the next time...no problemo! Thanks.