Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2002, 04:46 PM   #1
Moni

We're grilling outdoors tonight...chicken breasts that have been sitting in a Mesquite marinade since yesterday, corn on the cob that I am tempted to roast in the coals (but I like Betty's lemon & sugar water-2 minute boil SO much I can't decide) and I'm completely at a loss for another side dish...tossed salad (for the sake of our health) or good-old-fashioned roasted potatoes? Any suggestions?

What are you all having?

Old 06-07-2002, 04:48 PM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

*drools all over thread* That sounds good!I'm not sure what we are having.I suggest the roasted poatatoes.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-07-2002, 04:49 PM   #3
Helspanth
Quintesson

Why not both?
Old 06-07-2002, 04:51 PM   #4
Lioness
Jack Burton

Have both! [img]smile.gif[/img]

If my brother and I are left to ourselves...leftovers or microwaved stuff.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:55 PM   #5
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Helspanth:
Why not both?
LOL because I am lazy today.
That is actually a good suggestion...getting KHaN to eat a salad is like, well, its hard lol! I'm leaning toward the salad after having a chimichanga-fest yesterday. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Someguy, drooling lol..I made my stomach growl terribly just typing it out!

Old 06-07-2002, 08:50 PM   #6
Moni

Well I went the completely lazy route and grilled the chicken, boiled the corn in lemon/sugar water and that was it...its a good thing kinda because I am almost full, but karma for being lazy hit me pretty quick...I burned my finger closing the vent on the grill and when I went to break off a piece of aloe to take the sting out of the burn, I stepped in the biggest pile of cat-shit I've ever seen...in my favorite sandals! When I figure out which one of those punk cats didn't bury his business, I am going to bury him!

I cleaned the sandals after dinner and luckily, none of it ever touched any of my skin but had I eaten any more than I did, I swear I'd have lost it all.

So much for the what's for dinner thread!

Old 06-07-2002, 08:52 PM   #7
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Thanks, I'm heating up a Hungry Man frozen dinner as we speak. I have to be up at 4am Please everyone, send food!
Old 06-07-2002, 08:56 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, tonight for us is Italian...I'm taking my wife out to eat as soon as she gets home. [img]smile.gif[/img] The person who manages the restaurant is one of my students, and I've been promising him that I'm going to go eat there. He's an Albanian, but his wife is northern Italian, and it sounds pretty authentic.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-07-2002, 09:00 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
dammit minno, now you made me all hungry and stuff, it's almost 3 am overhere and now i gotta go to the kitchen and satisfy my lusts.
Old 06-07-2002, 09:08 PM   #10
Lioness
Jack Burton

Ah well, we're having scrambled eggs and toast.