Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2001, 08:37 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

This was by request. This also assumes that you are using a PC.

If you want to take a screenshot during your SoA game, simply press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. The game will save the screenshot as a .bmp file in the following directory( assuming you installed the game in the default directory).

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\ScrnShot

Since the files are in .bmp format, they will be around 1 MB in size each which is huge. Convert them to .jpg format if you intent to display them on the internet.

Now that you have your .jpg files, there are two ways to display them. First however, you need a website to store your screenshots.

Angelfire can give you a free website( 50 MB), but there are some restrictions. Angelfire will only allow you to direct link .gif files outside of its' server. One such example is the picture in my signature.

What you can do however, is to create a webpage and put your screenshots on it, then give the link to the webpage in your post. This is ideal if you want to show several .jpg files, as direct linking many .jpg files in your post will lead to very slow loading.

To make a link to your webpage, you can either use UBB or HTML. The following examples illustrates how, just remember that you need to leave out the spaces.

URL of webpage here

< A HREF="URL of webpage here" > Any text you like < /A >

If however, you want to show a single screenshot in your post, then you can use a Freeservers website. They only offer 12 MB worth of webspace, but they do allow direct linking to .jpg files like the following,

There are two ways to link a picture in your post, either by using UBB or HTML. The following examples illustrates how, just remember that you need to leave out the spaces.

[IMG] URL of picture in here [/IMG]

< img src="URL of picture in here" >

So now you know, cheers. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 09:00 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Wow, thanks Dundee!
I didnt know this!

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 10:00 AM   #3
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Thankyou, Dundee that's what I was looking for.
Old 12-14-2001, 10:07 AM   #4
Ares

Dundee, have you ever thought about asking Memnoch or Zirac if you could become a(n) Adminstrator person?
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 01:23 PM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Eh, Dundee!
My computer wont convert it into .jpg. Any tips on that?

see ya!
Old 12-14-2001, 01:56 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Eh, Dundee!
My computer wont convert it into .jpg. Any tips on that?

see ya!

What image program do you use to open your .bmp files? I am using Windows Paint. Simply double-click on the .bmp file, go to the File menu and select the Save As option. Under the Save as type: drop-down list, select .jpg as your choice.

Happy file converting. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2001, 01:59 PM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Thanks! I did it now.
You know, you should really be a mod.

see ya!
Old 12-14-2001, 02:16 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Heh, I do not think that I am moderator stuff. I can, and have, lost my cool before. Thanks for the compliment though.
Old 12-14-2001, 03:22 PM   #9
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i use photoshop, i didnt know i could use paint for that. you learn something new everyday i guess, lol.

[img]graemlins/ninja.gif[/img]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 05:31 AM   #10
Sir Exxon
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Heh, I do not think that I am moderator stuff. I can, and have, lost my cool before. Thanks for the compliment though.

Hey, I'm serious! Come on, you help people all the time, you give the greatest tips, etc etc.
You're perfect for the "part"!

see ya!