Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2002, 06:43 PM   #1
Gnomes_rule
Elite Waterdeep Guard

should i buy Icewind dale II, or finish off the last chapter in Icewind Dale before buying it?
Gnomes_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 10:28 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I would say that you should pick up your IWD II game especially if you are wanting the Special Edition. You can always play it after finishing that last chapter, but certainly secure your own copy if you have the money to do so! I have not even got to chapter three of Dungeon Siege, but I will be picking up IWD II on the 28th, without fail.
Old 05-19-2002, 01:30 PM   #3
zakharak
The Magister

Is that when IWD2 is released everywhere? I am sooo gonna buy that. Anyone know how popular it will be and if i just *have* to buy it on that day?

Where can i get the special edition, and what are the benifits? are they still available.

lata skata
Old 05-23-2002, 12:33 AM   #4
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

So the 28th is the official release date? I'm seriously hanging out for that game. I want some more Infinity-engine action and I'm sick to death of IwD, BG, BG2 and PsT. Will it only be released in America on the 28th? Or is that the international release? Sorry for the interrogation, it's just that I'm really looking foward to getting that game. I went to my local software retailer (In New Zealand) to ask if they'd ordered a few copies and they hadn't even heard of IwD2, although I gotta admit the clerk didn't look as though he was into games much, you know, just working there for the paycheque and all.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:21 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There is a rumour floating around that IWD2 is going to be delayed until July 1st, but so far there hasn't been any confirmation from BlackIsle or Interplay.

Addendum:

And no SOONER than I post that, do I find a thread from BIS that says that NOTHING has changed. THe OFFICIAL release date is STILL May 28th!

[ 05-23-2002, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 02:44 PM   #6
Malystrom
Dungeon Master

I have a question for IWD11 since they are makeing the new class of sorcerer. What is the difference between sorcerer and mage.
Malystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 02:46 PM   #7
Malystrom
Dungeon Master

For IWD2 there is quite a big difference. There are the 3rd edition rules, the new classes, and it's not really a quest like IWD1 its more like a war of goblins and orcs vs. humans and elves.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:47 PM   #8
Malystrom
Dungeon Master

For IWD2 there is quite a big difference. There are the 3rd edition rules, the new classes, and it's not really a quest like IWD1 its more like a war of goblins and orcs vs. humans and elves.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:06 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Malystrom:
I have a question for IWD11 since they are makeing the new class of sorcerer. What is the difference between sorcerer and mage.
See if this helps. It was copied off of another website by Chad Nicholas the Sciptor...

Quote:
Wizard or Sorcerer?I'd say a Wizard. You'll need that flexibility. Also, those extra feats are nice.

However, if you plan ahead, a sorcerer can be VERY deadly. Playing a sorcerer means not getting Minor Mirror Image and waiting for Mirror Image. It means not getting a Lesser Planar Binding elemental and waiting for a Planar Binding one. It means not getting Invisibility and waiting for Improved Invisibility. Etc., etc. That said, I'm very happy with my sorcerer. She can cast a LOT of Delayed Blast Fireballs and Chain Lightnings. Of course, she's not the only caster in the party. I've also got a bard to cast those spells that my sorcerer had to skip over.

Lower resistance: The target's Spell Resistance (SR from now on) is effective in resisting Lower Resistance (LR), but at only 50% it's current value. If you don't resist LR, you have your SR reduced by 1 for every 2 caster levels. The duration is 20 rounds.

User selectable avatars: The whole, "user selectable avatar" dealie is still on a programmers, "Implement this" list. It's a question of if there is enough time to do it.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:11 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by zakharak:
Is that when IWD2 is released everywhere? I am sooo gonna buy that. Anyone know how popular it will be and if i just *have* to buy it on that day?

Where can i get the special edition, and what are the benifits? are they still available.

lata skata
Copy/paste about the Collector's Edition.

Quote:
Summary:

Journey back to The Spine of the World in the sequel to the critically acclaimed computer role-playing game, Icewind Dale. Heed the call to arms and embark upon a new adventure!

Black Isle Studios and Interplay.com team up for an exclusive offer. Available only from Interplay-store.com for a limited time, the Icewind Dale II Collector’s Edition!

The Icewind Dale II Collector's Edition is an absolute must have for all Icewind Dale players and collectors alike! A perfect addition to your role-playing collection.

Features:

The Collector's Edition will contain:

Spiral bound manual
Full color cloth map
Four (4) high quality character cards
Bonus disc
Ice Dice
Black Isle Studios notepad
Icewind Dale and Black Isle Studios stickers

System Specs:

System Requirements

Intel Pentium II 350Mhz or AMD K6(R)-III/400Mhz