Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2000, 04:59 PM   #11
sibley

Yes, there are several chess pieces. They summon things. I found a Red Knight once. It summons a knight who fights for you. I didn't keep it. Reloaded the level and found something else in the chest. In a game I'm playing now I have a White Bishop, which summons a cleric who will heal my party. I just got it, haven't tried it yet.

I don't know whether they have limited charges or once per day use. Nor even whether they can be used more than once.

There have been reports of other chess pieces as well, I think.
Old 08-26-2000, 02:43 PM   #12
slag-king

You can only use it once! They rock because you can summon them and point them to the enemy and the enemy swarms to that chess dude. Easy pickings!
Old 08-27-2000, 12:39 AM   #13
Erekose
The Magister

I had the black knight piece that summoned a warrior but it was a one shot item. Cheers
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2000, 04:56 AM   #14
Ziroc

I've been using the Infinity Explorer (Its up for download on our IWD site) and have been using it to save maps and
item locations. So far I have yet to see it, and all item locations are on the map, and on people too. I've mapped up till the first map of lower dorn, and have yet to see it.. either its a random as you said, or its in the game, but wasn't added to the gameplay engine.. dunno, but keep checking the Items list, it'll be updated again Monday. Maybe with luck we can find the sucker..

Dan