Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Heard a story on the radio this morning. I only caught a little part of it so don't know where it was but it got me thinking... [img]smile.gif[/img] Apparently a lady had called her kids in every time a neighbor hung out her underwear and the dj's were asking people's opinions of them... I figured out from some comments that the offending undies were thongs, apparently. The definitive response for me was "How long does it take to dry a pair of thongs, anyway?!" FYI, the dj team was of the opinion it was a little much for the mother to drag kids in from seeing underwear on the line, and one asked if the kids had never seen underwear before, which I gotta admit, made me chuckle...kids are going to see ads for this stuff in everyday magazines their parents might have (most womens magazines have ads for all sorts of undergarments).

But what it made me think of is... can you call a thong a 'pair of thongs"? Is it a singular object or plural...and if plural.. umm.. why.. I mean I can see a 'pair of pants/slacks' in that maybe they refer to the two 'legs' of the garment but then it gets dicey for me when we get to underwear as um.. well MOST of my underthings don't have two 'legs' LOL Or is it that pants are made up of a pant and a pant...or a slack and a slack... where the heck does underwear come up being plural then... and back to that thong thing...... *snicker*
Old 07-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I'd say a thong is a thong, and a pair of thongs would be more akin to sandals. But that's just me.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yeah that is weird that we call underwear a "pair" when in reality it isn't a pair but a singlular item. Dunno, like you said maybe it comes from people calling pants a pair cause of the two legs. As for the thong, that's just underwear with butt floss. I myself don't own a PAIR! haha! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, well, if the lady was hanging out her sandals, I'm guessing the neighbor wouldn't haul her kids in!

LadyZ... LOL, yup, that whole 'pair' and plural thing is confusing!

And how long DOES it take to dry a 'pair' of thongs? LOL One dj (a woman) said 'you take 'em out of the wash, blow on them and they're dry!"
Old 07-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Pedant here, reporting for duty. I would say a thong, one single thong.

And it surely doesn't take a considerable length of time to dry one.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Speaking of sandals, I got a PAIR of Earth Spirit sandals at Walmart last weekend. They are beige and are made of some suede type material. Very comfortable and cushy as well! And no thing that goes in between your toes (I hate that thing, it rips up the insides of my toes! I don't ever get sandals with that "feature" anymore). I now recommend the Earth Spirit brand of sandals to anyone looking for a comfortable sandal in these summer days.

Down with the toe ripping sandal, down! And that includes you too FlipFknFlops!

Sorry.... ahem. My feet hurt just at the memory of a few years ago when I bought a new pair of sandals and ended up with rubbed off skinage and pain between my big toe and the toe next to it for DAYS cause of a simple two inch long piece of rubber on that effing sandal. It just didn't heal up quickly like other wounds would either. I swear even after I threw the sandals away it took a month before everything was all healed and done. I reckon if I would have worn said sandal for months, my skin between my toes would have toughened up and turned into a callous (sp?) and then I'd be good go to go with no pain or injury. But I wasn't up for that LOL. So I didn't and I'm just not gonna buy those kinds of sandals anymore.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 PM   #7
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

*sigh*

That's what happens with over-protective mothers... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:46 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've often wondered why it's a pair of underwear yet only one bra... [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

In any case, I think she's over-reacting... or jealous [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

And I've got a new pair of sandals... Tevas, that I've never had the urge to spend on before. Tried on a couple of pairs, and they felt so-o-o-o comfortable...

I've driven hundreds of miles in them now, walked through sand and water (and both at the same time), and do not regret buying them. They're not tremendously expensive (only around $50), but far more than what I usually bought... and destroyed after a couple of months.

Time will tell if they last, though... stay tuned (much) later on for an update.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:01 AM   #9
Zebodog

A pair of thongs would indicate two thongs.

I would prefer thongs to giant granny panties. The risk of exposure to skid marks is just too high with a huge pair of grannies. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

On the flip side of that, depending on the owner, the imagery of a thong being modeled might just be too much. While thongs shouldn't be policed like spandex, there are some who just shouldn't be allowed to wear thongs.

On second thought, I don't think people should be allowed to parade underwear in public unless they have officially attained supermodel or playboy playmate status.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:24 AM   #10
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My thong I wear at the pool split right at the balls. I wear it anyway, man its just so comfortable!