Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2001, 02:51 AM   #1
wizmerlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can anyone give me a tip on killing the xydusa or Naga or whatever you want to call it any way the big snake in the serpent temple. the first one I dont know if there is more. any hints would be appreciated.
wizmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 06:53 AM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you have Kerielle's potion you can paralyze the Naga one time while you heal, and then continue the battle.

Another option: attract the Naga's attention and, when she moves toward your party, quickly run around the round obelisk, click on the skull lever on the opposite side, and run through the doorway the Naga was guarding. Turn left and run down the corridor and stairs to the healing fountain. Regain health and mana, and then stage attacks on her from this haven (she won't follow you down there).

------------------
Rick
Beginner's Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP

[This message has been edited by Xignal (edited 03-15-2001).]
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 09:10 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If you prefer the direct attack:

1) Cast every defensive spell on your party that you have. (Heroic Might, Haste, Bloodlust (use potions if you don't have Fiend magic yet), Nimble (if you have Moon magic), Armored Realm (Stone magic), Bless, etc.

2) Repel any characters which are weak.

3) IF you want to try this, cast Lure on the strongest character in the bunch. If you also have the spell, cast "Reflect Damage" on him/her as well.

4) Charge the Naga and start hacking away. Repelling your Priest and Wizard gives them the chance to heal/unbind any party members who get paralyzed. It helps for the Wizard to have "Stone to Flesh", or get some Stone to Flesh potions before you go in.

5) If one of your main fighters becomes incapacitated, use Kerielle's Potion on the Naga to put her to sleep while you heal him/her (and everyone else up). Then continue whacking away.

I've found that only on 1 or 2 occasions, the Naga has actually "stoned" a member of my party; most of the time with all the defenses I put on, she doesn't even touch them. The key is Defenses, and Haste to get in more hits per round. Also Bloodlust and Heroic Might are musts, as they guarantee better hits and more damage per hit.

Hope this helps!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 12:07 AM   #4
Druadic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

WizMerlin;

I had a REAL problem with her too! The Naga is EASY, I just kept hackin' and a slashin' and when my chars HPs were low, I'd run over to the hall with the closed door that wouldn't open and reheal them. I'd then run back to the Naga and fight some more. It worked, but my main char was turned to stone. Didn't bother me, until I got to Xydussa. She is a real meanie. How did I kill her? I took the advice from these wonderful people here and eventually killed her by running into the thin hallways and double tracked behind her and let her have it! She also got stuck right around the wall at where the stairs are to the main chamber and I slid a couple of "Face Of Death" spells at her which also helped. Best thing to do though is to save, save and save your game. If you have a GOOD part where you can save it WHILE you're fighting her and she can't get to you, save the game. That's how I did it.

Druadic
Druadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 12:11 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

1) I think you mean "Elyssia", not Xydusa. Xydusa is the Naga.

2) Yes, definitely save...but remember to save in a different slot!!!!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 12:14 AM   #6
slug
Manshoon

the Naga starts to scream and pulls back her head when she is going to bite you; use that warning to back up yourself, and she will miss every time. it doesn't take much, careful not to pull back too soon or she will cast her spell instead.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 03:35 AM   #7
jedi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I also have two problems.

1) I killed it with brute force but 2 dead and 2 stone.Even I can resurect the dead, the experience had distributed to the remaining two. I hate this kind situation.

2) Another time I ran through the right door which closed. There are rooms require skull key. How do I get out of the door? I had ran arround through elevators and stuck in the room with skull and skull key.

Shall I fight one more time or is there a way to go from the west room back?

John

jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 05:12 PM   #8
wizmerlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the information everyone ill give it another try
wizmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 01:01 AM   #9
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Another little tip. There is one spell that the Naga is not immune to. Meteorstorm. I know that you have to have level 7 stone spells to have it, but I have (in the last two games) killed the Naga without losing a single hit point from any character. I peek around the stone, blast it with a meteorstorm and then hide quickly. Both times I had to use two storm spells since one was not strong enough, but it is a quick and painless way to kill it. The spell is well worth giving up other magic to get quickly because it is very useful later on in killing all the priests around Elyssia.

Can you tell that I love that spell?

Knarfling

------------------
Only two of my personalites have delusions, but one of them is paranoid and the other is out to get him.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote