Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2001, 11:21 PM   #1
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

Hi evertyone, this is a contuining request...would anyone have an item called "Stormbringer" a bastard sword out of the Elric books by Michael M, it would be a "created item". I am v keen to have a look at a copy someone has done-I have attempted to do it but I am struggling with the right spell codes, so an example is perfect. thanks!
Old 03-02-2001, 02:19 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by lekimbel:
Hi evertyone, this is a contuining request...would anyone have an item called "Stormbringer" a bastard sword out of the Elric books by Michael M, it would be a "created item". I am v keen to have a look at a copy someone has done-I have attempted to do it but I am struggling with the right spell codes, so an example is perfect. thanks!

I answered you earlier, lekimbel - just haven't had the time this week but i will dig it up and send it to you.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-02-2001, 09:54 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

lekimbel, here are the stats for Stormbringer - toned down from the Deities & Demigods AD&D 2nd ed module.

Bastard Sword +5: Stormbringer
This version of Stormbringer is a toned down version of the weapon presented in the
Melnibonean Mythos section of the coveted 1e Deities & Demigods. Note: If you are
adventuring in a party, it is a bad idea to give someone this sword AND boots of speed.
When the character berserks, he will catch other party members with ease and they will
probably be dead before he is done.

Usability: Not usable by Druid, Cleric, Mage, Thief, Bard
Set AC to -2
Constitution set to 18
Strength set to 18/00
Detects invisible objects (souls)
Protection from charm, fear, and confusion
Infravision
50% Magic resistance
2 additional attacks
Increase maximum hit points by 10 for each hit (30 minute duration)
5% chance per hit of going berserk

If you use the above abilities, you're looking at 8 Equipping Effects (11 if you count the Protection icons on your portrait) and 3 Item Effects. Pretty complex for your first one - I'd suggest you add each ability one at a time and make sure each one works before adding the next one.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 03-02-2001).]
Old 03-02-2001, 05:06 PM   #4
Hesperex

hmmm sounds gooood (evil grin)

I made a 2 handed sword 2D12+12 with 13 equiping effects once called the Sword of purgeing that was class to have a mess about with.

All in the name of good fun!

------------------

Old 03-03-2001, 04:08 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
hmmm sounds gooood (evil grin)

I made a 2 handed sword 2D12+12 with 13 equiping effects once called the Sword of purgeing that was class to have a mess about with.

All in the name of good fun!

Hesp, to maximize the effect, give yourself 5 attacks/round, GM in 2Hsword, and wear Boots of Speed. You can be Hesp The Shredder

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 09:07 AM   #6
Epona
Zartan

If Hesperex did that, he could change his name to Moulinex Masterchef ....

------------------
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-03-2001, 11:10 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL! Master of his own Roast Mutton!!!!!

I can hear the whirring blades already...

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 11:52 AM   #8
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

i got bored once so i made a shield for thieves reakinleing my love (plutonic of coarse) for thieves.that sword you made Hesperex sounds cool.

------------------

I'm no sissy i'm a pansy!
Old 03-03-2001, 03:17 PM   #9
Hesperex

I can post the sword On my website if any of you wanna try it, provided i still have the file that is. if now i might make a new slightly less powerful one.

Old 03-03-2001, 11:27 PM   #10
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

Thanks maemnoch..I haven't actually played for a week or so but I will try again with this sword..my problem is that i) I don't know how to get the spell & monster codes...is there a program so I can view them? ii) I always want stormbrinfger to have a "summon fiend" facility...because elric can summon Arioch with it. At least thats my understanding. so i need that spell code specifically. how cool...did Ad&D do a section on Elricv & stuff..see thats a cool multi-universe as well..bye!!!