Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2003, 12:43 PM   #1
MagiK

And where are the admissions that The President of the USA was not just making up the story that Saddam Hussein has and is willing to use Weapons of Mass destruction? I know Colin Powell's presentation made world news, and I know that all the pundits seem to ackowledge that the evidence is clear....I haven't seen many members on here make the admission and/or the apology. We should all have enough character to admit when we are wrong.

Edited the Typo I have been missing for a while.

[ 02-12-2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 02-10-2003, 01:33 PM   #2
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Heh, well..

1- Alot of people dont think Powells speech was enough evidence..Why? I dont know and dont see a point in asking really..If thats not going to convince them nothing is..No matter is Hussien him self said he had them.

2- Because they wont say there wrong. Thats all thre is too it...Say..Did I pick up a bit of sarcasam with that last line of yours?
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 02:47 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm sorry MagiK... hey wait a minute.... i knew it all along.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:24 PM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I don't remember to many people denying that Saddam had WoMD???

I do remember a lot of people speaking out against war though. And i won't apologize for that.. in fact i'll re-iterate: war sucks.

We should all have enough character to admit when we believe we are right and say: "I told you so." [img]smile.gif[/img]

And from what i hear all the pundits are not so acknowledging that the evidence is clear.. Especially with the Al Queda - Iraq links.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:33 PM   #5
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
I don't remember to many people denying that Saddam had WoMD???

I do remember a lot of people speaking out against war though. And i won't apologize for that.. in fact i'll re-iterate: war sucks.

We should all have enough character to admit when we believe we are right and say: "I told you so." [img]smile.gif[/img]

And from what i hear all the pundits are not so acknowledging that the evidence is clear.. Especially with the Al Queda - Iraq links.
Well consider Saddams Track recored..Why would you want a guy like that to have WoMD??
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:38 PM   #6
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I don't want anyone to have WoMD.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:48 PM   #7
Kaltia
Jack Burton

neither do I-call me daft, but I don't want anyone at all to have WoMD AND I don't want a war. War is pointless, IMO. We never learn anything from it. *sigh* I'll butt out of this forum now.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 04:21 PM   #8
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
neither do I-call me daft, but I don't want anyone at all to have WoMD AND I don't want a war. War is pointless, IMO. We never learn anything from it. *sigh* I'll butt out of this forum now.
So war is pointless and no one should ever go to war....would that mean you would rather be speaking German right now? Just curious.

You say no one ever learns from war, not so at all...first off War in and of itself is not really ment to be a learning experience but it has been war and it's waging that has been one of the prime motivators of scientific breakthroughs throughout human history...like it or not, humans learn more quicker during war than at any other time.

IR, no I was not being sarcastic, I was being literal, people should admit that they are/were wrong. I for one DO remember several members saying that SH did not have WoMD and that Bush was just making it all up.

I make it a point to come back and admit my mistakes and some even hold me to that, so I would just like to see some return on this kind of issue.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:45 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I've noticed a funny thing though, a lot of people who were saying he didn't have such weapons or there wasn't enough evidence that he had them, were immediately saying: the US shouldn't invade, he might fire missiles with chemical stuff into Israel or Europe. I don't mean people on this board btw, i've heard comments like this on the street, and some on TV.

And another one: While Iraq is swearing they don't have such weapons, they say they WILL attack Israel with chemical and biological missiles. I heard that in the news last week. But i guess we shouldn't worry, since he doesn't have them..... yeah right.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:01 PM   #10
MagiK

Johnny I have also noticed the same inconsistancies, it is almost humorous except that war is not really very funny. I think we need to go in and forcibly remove Saddam, but Im not celebrating the need to do it.

I notice that France, Germany and Russia's real motivations are coming out now, they want to go in and administer their investments...errr I mean send in UN troops to take care of their investments....errr no it isn't about the oil...really.....errr....