Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2002, 07:35 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

With this new version of the Forum Software, we now have Polling features! I only turned them on for this forum (General Conversation) and (User Created Polls Forum). It's easy to create one, just don't 'abuse' it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, if you want to see how many people are on the ENTIRE forum, go to:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...ultimatebb.cgi

And it shows you! Right now, over 94 people have visited the forum in the last 15 mins! Wow!

But say you are in the Gen con forum-- it only shows you how many people are in THIS forum.. or click on the Who's Online link, and it'll show you in detail whats going on..

Lot's of goodies!

PS: I had to remove the 'extended smilies' for now, they will be back as soon as the new server is up and running. (Less smilies means less loading=less CPU usage)

Thanks to ALL of ya! This would not be possible without your help! Ironworks is about to be SO much faster--oh MAN.. just wait and see! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 03-16-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Great job as always, Z! It all looks good. How's the mouth BTW? Glad we are getting the server soon. Things look bigger and better than ever.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 03-16-2002, 09:59 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Reeka!

Dan the who's online is great! Forgot how much we used to use that! Whole board seems faster too!

And I'm in sympathy about the teeth! Had to have an emergency pull of one of mine (a molar) yesterday. BLECH!

Cloudy, off to play with the new features!
Old 03-16-2002, 10:38 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, I had 2 teeth pulled--Abcessed. Both were at the far back, and they must have been abcessed for about 4 years. (I let those 2 go--cost too much, and just got Dental Insurance) so they pulled those 2, and guess what? My PAIN is not as bad..

Yep, A powerful infection can cause nerve pain in your legs/hips and back. TOTALLY freaky.. I am HOPING after these heal, and I finish my anti-biotics that my pain will go away.

I would TOTALLY freak out guys.. I mean, I don't KNOW what 'normal' IS anymore.. It sucks to hurt all the time, and take meds every 4 hours.. UGH. So I am just HOPING this 'is it'.

If so, I am going to REALLY explode with new stuff here and on my website! See, when I hurt bad, I don't feel like doing anything, and that has really gotten me behind on my website--I still have 4 reviews on games I need to do.. But the signs are looking good, I am now taking LESS pain meds, and the pain is like 20% now. (It's usually 60-70%). So, I HOPE this is it..

BTW, when they pulled them, It FELT like they only pulled 1. lol.. it DID hurt (the gums) for 3 days, I took my pain meds, and it killed the pain, but now, 6 days later, the pain is gone, and the gums are closing up-- I am going to get an implant and a bridge for those teeth. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 03-17-2002, 12:06 AM   #5
MagiK

Moral of the story...don't neglect your teeth!
heh, I have a cavity that has been scheduled to be filled for nearly 6 months....I just don't have time.....ahh well I will reschedule for next week now that Z has related his story [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2002, 12:35 AM   #6
the_Avatar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Love the polling feature as well

Please don't get me started on teeth...I have become a frequent pain killer user now. April first I go back to the dentist to see what we see, and should start the healin process
Old 03-17-2002, 02:18 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Z! I know what you mean! I have had trouble with pain to that tooth for months off and on... finally it got so bad they re-xrayed and saw it had to come out but scheduled it for two weeks from now.. yesterday I couldn't concentrate on anything, it hurt so much. I finally got the appointment to have it out and it's amazing how much better it feels.
Old 03-17-2002, 05:17 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

Great stuff Z.

I notice that the 'quote' function has changed. Instead of just the one person being quoted previously quoted posts are nested within one another.

See my post here

I can see the advantage of being able to follow the thread but I find this confusing, is it just me?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-17-2002, 10:46 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Great stuff Z.

I notice that the 'quote' function has changed. Instead of just the one person being quoted previously quoted posts are nested within one another.

See my post here

I can see the advantage of being able to follow the thread but I find this confusing, is it just me?
Hmm. That's wierd...

Old 03-17-2002, 10:57 AM   #10
Lord Shield

I like it! And the server seems more responsive (early days yet, so the jury's still out tho )