Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
Zink Whistlefly

Default WoW: Rogue DPS, getting ready for Naxx

I am slowly getting my rogue ready for Naxx, but could do with a bit of help to boost my DPS.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...avius&n=Kalesh

I mostly have crafted epics and a couple of heroic blues and the rest are crafted blues. What are some good upgrades I should aim for that are quite easy to get? I know I'm wasting valuable stat points of resilience with a couple of piece, but that's only because those are the ebst I have found at the mo.

In terms of DPS what should I be aiming for before I'm ready to raid? On the standard training dummy I am touching 1.8k-1.9k DPS and about 1.6k on the heroic one and that feels a little low (granted I am missing party and raid buffs which make a significant difference, but I am also able to make an effective rotation as a dummy stands still, whereas most of the bosses move around and do various other things to gimp DPS). Mem/Kak what DPS are you putting out on the training dummy (just as a benchmark)?

I run with IP mainhand DP offhand, rotation is the usual - SnD up 100% of the time, always keep HfB ticking with 3 stacks, envenom when I have 4-5 CP and enough stacks of deadly poison and keep rupture up on the longer fights.

I am currently gemming full HR in yellow and hybrid HR gems in red/blue as few of my items have HR on them , and I am still below the HR poison cap. Is this the right path to walk?

I had a bit of a run-in with a guildie last week - the rogue class leader actually kicked me from the guild because he couldn't believe I was "PvE Mutilate" after the nerf it got - he didn't seem to understand that my DPS actually increased with the HfB buff and SnD buff. I appreciate that PvP mutilate got shafted but that wasn't the issue. Suffice to say, he was promptly kicked from the guild for his irrational behaviour and I was immediately reinstated What's the deal with combat daggers these days, or even a HAT build? I would very much like to go combat swords again, as the combat buffs should bring that back to the top but I need some nice swords first.

TIA
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Rogue DPS, getting ready for Naxx

I'm still Mut and starting to really enjoy it - I can't remember the last time I ran the training dummy, but I'm doing about 3.8-4k DPS on Patchwerk raid buffed at the moment, mainly because I still haven't got top of the line weps - I have Titansteel Shanker and Anarchy MH/OH combination. Don't have time to post much atm but here's my Armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Scabandari

Will post more later tonight.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

First thing first you'll want to switch to the standard 51/13/7 mutilate spec. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ef0exoi0oIzAo0xV0hZxb

Quick recovery is just a filler. You can either put it in fleet footed or murder.

I've checked your armory, these are the upgrades.
~helm from H Occulus
~badge necklace
~T7.10 body armour
~wrist with exalted wyrmrest
~T7.10 glove
~belt from h uk
~pant from h gundrak
~boot from exalted argent crusade
~epic ring from h gundrak
~badge trinket (mirror of truth)
~darkmoon card : greatness
~crossbow from h uk

You'll need to run lots of heroics apparently.

Check spreadsheet for gems selection advice.

For profession, you might want to dump herbalism and take up jewelcrafting. It's currectly the highest dps profession at the moment, or until epic gems are in the game. Blacksmithing/Enchanting/Leatherworking are good to replace herbalism too.

If you really need someone to herb for you, do it from your alt.

I ran 2.4k dps on boss dummy. 4.8k dps on Patchwerk 25 2 weeks ago, I didn't go to naxx 25 this week due to horrible latency.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Remar&n=Kapuka

I need 7 more items to be BIS is every slot.

If you can and your guild allow it. Grab any weapon you can. We don't know what patch 3.1 will bring. Since blizz is nerfing shiv again, combat mace seems to be extra nice *cough*
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I now have only 1 rogue left in my Guild, and he is 77! It seems that DK's have almost wiped out the rogue population - at least on my server. Anyone else notice the same? If I hop into LFG tonight and peruse the PUG's, I can see no rogues at all, tons of mages, and alot less hunters. But I haven't teamed with a rogue since early WotlK. Wtf?
Old 02-25-2009, 02:40 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink Whistlefly View Post
In terms of DPS what should I be aiming for before I'm ready to raid? On the standard training dummy I am touching 1.8k-1.9k DPS and about 1.6k on the heroic one and that feels a little low (granted I am missing party and raid buffs which make a significant difference, but I am also able to make an effective rotation as a dummy stands still, whereas most of the bosses move around and do various other things to gimp DPS). Mem/Kak what DPS are you putting out on the training dummy (just as a benchmark)?
BTW, you can raid with the DPS you're putting out now. Naxx is easy.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:42 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
I now have only 1 rogue left in my Guild, and he is 77! It seems that DK's have almost wiped out the rogue population - at least on my server. Anyone else notice the same? If I hop into LFG tonight and peruse the PUG's, I can see no rogues at all, tons of mages, and alot less hunters. But I haven't teamed with a rogue since early WotlK. Wtf?
In pve, rogues were usually at the bottom of the damage/dps chart. In pvp, rogues were overnerfed. I guess many people got fed up with the situation and rerolled to another class.

How I wish the same can be said for the rogues in my guild. We have 5 raiding rogues and the 4 others don't want to reroll to another class.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Also, have you been running heroics Zink? Try and get Ebon Blade rep up to exalted, they have a nice chest piece that will last you well into Naxx. Good MH sword at revered if you choose to go back to combat swords. Then the boots from Argent Crusade and the Bracers from Wyrmrest. Though I think that I geared up faster just running Naxx in my blues and few epics than getting exalted with every faction (takes f o r e v e r).

PS Webbed Death dropped for me last night yay!

Old 02-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
Zink Whistlefly

Thanks guys - good info there!

Gz on your new dagger Mem

I've run a few heroics so far, but I'm going to start running them a lot more often now I'm in (what I consider to be) a good guild.

I must admit I am quite tempted to start Naxx now, but I will be waaaay down on the DPS meters until my gear really gets up to par, but I guess you have to start at (or near) the bottom!

At 70 I didn't really do any PvE at all - all my time went into PvP and it was great, but it doesn't quite feel right at 80 - perhaps it's the rediculous amount of "invincible" DK and ret paladins running around...I must admit though that I'm looking forward to full exploring what PvE has to offer
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
In pve, rogues were usually at the bottom of the damage/dps chart. In pvp, rogues were overnerfed. I guess many people got fed up with the situation and rerolled to another class.

How I wish the same can be said for the rogues in my guild. We have 5 raiding rogues and the 4 others don't want to reroll to another class.
Well I saw one lvl 80 rogue for the first time in weeks today just doing quests or something. But they are few and far between now. I guess because with the Dk, it makes all the hassle of stealthing and combo points just to achieve similiar (or less) damage. Pretty much I can spot the DK rerolls from rogue by the way that they play.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:47 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink Whistlefly View Post
Thanks guys - good info there!

Gz on your new dagger Mem

I've run a few heroics so far, but I'm going to start running them a lot more often now I'm in (what I consider to be) a good guild.

I must admit I am quite tempted to start Naxx now, but I will be waaaay down on the DPS meters until my gear really gets up to par, but I guess you have to start at (or near) the bottom!

At 70 I didn't really do any PvE at all - all my time went into PvP and it was great, but it doesn't quite feel right at 80 - perhaps it's the rediculous amount of "invincible" DK and ret paladins running around...I must admit though that I'm looking forward to full exploring what PvE has to offer
You'll love it mate. I love PvP, but raiding is heaps of fun too. And Naxx is so easy!! You could probably start Naxx now, you won't do a lot of DPS but if your guild is willing to gear you up you can do it pretty quickly, and rogue DPS scales with gear very well.