Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 02:19 AM   #21
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

....... ok then.

FIRST: I don't know how dark it was at the time because the character selected had infravision.

SECOND: I don't have Baldur's gate 1. I only have baldur's gate 2 so i did not import.

THIRD: There were so many god dam character choices that i just decided.

" Ooh Undead Hunter that may come in useful for a character oh me oh my oh etc "

FOURTH: I just want to do every quest i can and seeing that i haven't played before kinda means that i didnt know wat the hell was going on there.

FIFTH: I WANT MY MAGE BACK. i want thingamajig ( the abducted 1 ) back because she was 1 of my better mages but as i havent played before, i presumed that when you get her back the guy would be there thus meaning he would be the boss thus meaning the game would end thus meaning i would have to START AGAIN.

SIXTH: I haven't been drinking potions. All my potions are in 1 of the boxes in the Umar Hills inn.

SEVENTH: I am mentally stable.

EIGHTH: I want to kill every god dam thing there is so of course i am going to meet her. If they attack me i crush them, if they abduct a player i get the player back and crush them, if they ask for my help i'll help them and sometimes i'll crush them after that ( really depends ).

NINTH: I haven't got any patches downloaded.

FINAL: Theres a sleeping woman in 1 of the rooms at the Umar Hills Inn. Does she eva wake up. I tried waking her up with a jab of my sword but every just ran around in circles.

BTW WHERE TEH HELL IS THAT STUPID SMITH. The dude that makes the unique items. starts with a 'C' i'm pretty sure. BEcause i would really appreciate it if you could tell me.

[ 02-12-2005, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: Pop 'n Fresh ]
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 06:54 AM   #22
Link
Jack Burton

Alright, a couple of thigns from my side then:

Quote:
Originally posted by Pop 'n Fresh:
FOURTH: I just want to do every quest i can and seeing that i haven't played before kinda means that i didnt know wat the hell was going on there.

Might be my interpretation here, but be careful not to rush through the game, Pop 'n Fresh. It's perfectly fine to want to do all the quests, but you miss out a lot of stuff (and not just humorous dialogue, or witty remarks) when you just hit the "Continue" button at the bottom of the screen non-stop. It's just advice, though. Your last sentence ("I didn't know what the hell was going on") just gave me the irky feeling you missed a couple of things. As far as I know, the game is self-explanatory most of the times, meaning that if you read the dialogue well enough, you should know what is going on.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pop 'n Fresh:FIFTH: I WANT MY MAGE BACK. i want thingamajig ( the abducted 1 ) back because she was 1 of my better mages but as i havent played before, i presumed that when you get her back the guy would be there thus meaning he would be the boss thus meaning the game would end thus meaning i would have to START AGAIN.

First of all, here name's Imoen, and second, don't worry about having to start again. If you just play the game, everything will fall into place. You can have your assumptions on what's going to happen, but don't let them get the best of you! See what happens before you judge too soon!

Quote:
SIXTH: I haven't been drinking potions. All my potions are in 1 of the boxes in the Umar Hills inn.

You know, most players I know don't drink potions because they fear they will run out. Instead, in the end of the game, they have a surplus of potions which they will never use unless they gulp them up one after they other - which has no added effect at all. My advice therefore is: drink your potions, they may help in difficult battles. Don't become a potion-hugger!

Quote:
EIGHTH: I want to kill every god dam thing there is so of course i am going to meet her. If they attack me i crush them, if they abduct a player i get the player back and crush them, if they ask for my help i'll help them and sometimes i'll crush them after that ( really depends ).

If you're interested in killing every goddamn thing that walks the face of Toril, check the character screen of your party members. It's refreshing to see the most powerful vanquished enemy, or the kill ratio for that specific member.
Gives you the edge to go on in battle and slay those nasty little goblins that tend to spawn even when you're a 25th level, chaos sowing spawn of a dead god.

Quote:
NINTH: I haven't got any patches downloaded.

You should download the patches. It saves you from a lot of trouble in the game, and the Baldurdash fixpack even takes care of inconveniencies and errors that Bioware has looked over. Check the Forum FAQ for more information concerning patches and fixpacks.

Quote:
FINAL: Theres a sleeping woman in 1 of the rooms at the Umar Hills Inn. Does she eva wake up. I tried waking her up with a jab of my sword but every just ran around in circles.

Sleeping persons don't wake up, ever. It's some kind of everlasting sleeping spell or something, I don't know. If you're the goody-two-shoes, you'd be best to leave them alone, but an evil aligned protagonist can, of course, never control the reigning bloodlust in his veins. In the words of a famous sword: "Murder death kill! Murder death kill! Muhahahaha!"

Quote:
BTW WHERE TEH HELL IS THAT STUPID SMITH. The dude that makes the unique items. starts with a 'C' i'm pretty sure. BEcause i would really appreciate it if you could tell me.

Cromwell's his name. His house in the Docks district, and if I'm not mistaken it's even flagged so click the map screen once you're in the Docks district and make your way over to his place.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:56 PM   #23
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Thanku i've been trying to figure out where Cromwell was the whole time but i guess i missed him when i went to teh docks. I presume he is teh 1 that assembles nalia's Fathers flail.

I'm a lawful-good character and i dont kill everything. If it effects my reputation in a declining way then i'll try to avod that.

AT the Umar Hills i have:

1 box full of scrolls that my characters dont have the intelligence to mantain.

1 Box full of Enchanted items or items with names ( Darkmail, Mail of the Dead )

1 Box full of potions.

1 rack full of quest items i either have no use for or have no use for at the moment.

1 Cabinet full of things i can't sell (quarterstaffs, arrows, bolts )

1 Cabinet full of gems

I listen to all teh dialogue unless it's just teh repeated stuff the villagers say. Especially when it's 1 of my characters speaking. Jaheira got in a fight with Aerie and despite my kind remarks she still left for the circus. Pity i can't find her coz i'd like her back but i presume she is gone for good.

1 last thing: BOO IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Old 02-12-2005, 10:07 PM   #24
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Er, the forge to make the flail is actually in the keep, right next to one of the heads. However, Cromwell has many other uses...

It sounds like you are really hording items. Why not sell off some of that stuff and make a bundle?
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 02:48 AM   #25
Mirror Image
Manshoon

I just hope he can get back into the keep to assemble the full flail, it does come in handy. As for cromwell he definately has his uses, particularly if you have dragon scales, or others items that come in pieces.

As for your obvious horde, I think its time to clean house. Sell off the gems with the exception of the rogue stones, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc copy of a spell scroll, all the armor below the level of the armor your group is wearing and all enchanted weapons less then +2 in rating. Do this at the adventurers mart, build up your bank acount and then review whats in stock. There are some items at the Mart that can come in real handy later in the game, but they are going to cost you.

Also, if you have cleared Trademeet check out the shops there. There are a couple of good items there to. Of course the very best items come in certain quests.

The end point is to continually mix and match equipment until you have a group so well equiped you can defeat a Dragon (Red or Black).
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:59 AM   #26
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
AT the Umar Hills i have:

1 box full of scrolls that my characters dont have the intelligence to mantain.

1 Box full of Enchanted items or items with names ( Darkmail, Mail of the Dead )

1 Box full of potions.

1 rack full of quest items i either have no use for or have no use for at the moment.

1 Cabinet full of things i can't sell (quarterstaffs, arrows, bolts )

1 Cabinet full of gems
There's an easy way to write spells in your character's spellbook even if the game says you have bumped into the maximum amount of spells for that level available for the caster's intelligence. Just drink a Potion of Genius (boosts Intelligence) and start writing!

The items with names, especially the ones you're not gonna use, are best sold to a vendor of your choice. However, it's not a necessity to do so. If you do make the decision to sell all your 'useless' named items, then sell them to one vendor and one specific vendor only. That way you will know where you left that chainmail, or that pair of boots in case you change your mind later on.

I've already given you my take on your potions dilemma, so I won't lecture you further about that

I think you can safely keep the quest items where you're keeping them right now. Even if they're not necessary anymore (journals, for instance) it's always a good reminder for what you've done already. If you feel that they're taking too much space, then you can always dump them anywhere you want, but I doubt that is the case.

Sell you gems! 99 % of all gems found in the game are only useful for selling. The other 1 % is useful; I advise you to keep at least one Rogue Stone (but preferably more) and the sole Beljuril gem you find in the game.

Quote:
I listen to all teh dialogue unless it's just teh repeated stuff the villagers say. Especially when it's 1 of my characters speaking. Jaheira got in a fight with Aerie and despite my kind remarks she still left for the circus. Pity i can't find her coz i'd like her back but i presume she is gone for good.
Yes, usually when characters remain unfindable even if you travel back to the area they said they would go to, then they're gone. Especially so when it's coming to romance issues. You probably engaged yourself in a romance with Jaheira and Aerie wanted her share of your *body* as well. Too bad the vanilla (=normal unmodded) Shadows of Amn doesn't support polygamy.

Old 02-15-2005, 06:08 AM   #27
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

well i don't think i'm romancing any1 to be truthful. i just think Jaheira hated Aerie and vice-versa. Aerie always complained about he wings being chopped off and jaheira would get angry and a fight of words would commence. Jaheira would always complain about her dead husband or wateva ( teh 1 in irenicus dungeon, the dead 1 ) and aerie would get snotty at jaheira. Aerie fought less with Jaheira though.

Until one day i was walking out of the windspear dungeon place. I had gotten to the room with the archers at both sides and secret locked doors but unfortunately just before my journey to teh windspear hills my thief Nalia was abducted by Roenal and Valygar doesnt have pick locks so i had to leave.

1 third of a screen away from the maps edge Aerie spoke about how she can't take the adventuring life anymore and she thought she should "just go back to the circus".

Maybe you should go back to the circus if u can't take it anymore

Stop your whingeing we have to keep moving.

Fine! go back to your circus then.

Well the choices were around those lines anyway. SO i chose the first 1 as it sounded the kindest ( i'm very, very kind ) and she buggered off. SHE BUGGERED OFF !!!!!!!!!. What the hell was i meant to say If i sed the 2nd one it would sound like i don't care about her feelings and the third 1 is just me throwing ma nutter at her.

Back then i had

Woudo ( Undead Hunter )
Valygar
Jaheira
Aerie
Minsc
N/A ( Nalia was here but was abducted )

Now i have

Woudo ( Undead Hunter )
Jaheira
Minsc
Nalia
Jan
Cernd

I think Jan or Minsc is gonna leave soon because they are getting very angry with each other.
Jan keeps trying to steal Boo ( he's so cool ) off of Minsc and he doesn't exactly like it.

Besides what the hell does romance acheive. Does it give your character a special aura, so that when ever the character you are romancing is near you they fight at double speed or is it just pointless.

[ 02-15-2005, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Pop 'n Fresh ]
Old 02-15-2005, 06:19 AM   #28
Link
Jack Burton

No special achievement in romancing. It's just more roleplaying.

Old 02-17-2005, 11:13 PM   #29
Mirror Image
Manshoon

I never had any problems between Aerie and jaheira. I always had Minsc in my group who seemed to comfort Aerie. And jaheira was always busy beating off advances from Yoshimo, or Har Dalis. Now on the other hand Aeria and Viconia: now we have fur flying. Of course the worst was when I had Viconia and the Inquisitor.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #30
Magness
Quintesson

Mirror, IIRC, isn't there a "little scuffle" if you have Aerie, Minsc, and Anomen in the party together? [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have no problem with these confrontations. This is supposed to be a role-playing game, after all. People like all the dialog. So shouldn't personality and alignment conflicts be a part of the entire role-plpaying package?
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote