Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 09:24 PM   #1
Encard
Quintesson

Muahahahahaha...
Cheery, isn't it? Would anyone by any chance feel like answering a few questions about the game for me? [img]smile.gif[/img]
1. Combat
1.1 Melee
1.1.1 How exactly does the melee combat system work? Point and click? I've heard some things, but... *shrug*
1.1.2 How are weapon proficies handled? Are there any at all?
1.1.3 Any melee combat comments?
1.2 Magic
1.2.1 Is this a game where you continually upgrade to better spells and discard your old ones (like in DS or D2) or one where you actually use a lot of different spells (like in BG2)?
1.2.2 About how many spells do you encounter around the beginning of the game? Later on? How amny are actually useful?
1.2.3 What exactly is the spell system? The standard select spell/click/watch spell use mana and hurt stuff type of thing?
1.2.4 About how powerful is magic compared to melee attacks?
1.2.5 Any comments on the magic system?
1.3 General
1.3.1 How large of a vairety of things is there to fight? Does the combat become repetetive? Do you think it might?
1.3.2 Any general comments on combat?

2. Items/World
2.1 Weapons/Armor/Etc
2.1.1 Are these things randomly generated?
2.1.2 How does magic armor and weapons work here?
2.1.3 About how many different types of weapons/etc would you guess there to be?
2.1.4 Any comments on this?
2.2 Objects in the World
2.2.1 How much of the world is actually manipulatable?
2.2.2 Is it possible to do things like, say, pick some sort of plants and then make a potion out of them, or a poison to cover your weapon with, or stuff like that?
2.2.3 Any comments on this?

3. Skills/Levels
3.1 Skills...
3.1.1 How exactly are skills handled? About how many are there? How do you raise them? Are they general things, or more specific ones like in, say, D2?
3.1.2 I think I used all of the questions I thought of in 3.1.1.... any comments on skills?
3.2 Levels...
3.2.1 What can you do to level up in Morrowind?
3.2.2 Do you level your character, your skills... some thing else... ?
3.2.3 Any comments on ze matter?

4. Quests/Etc
4.1 Quests
4.1.1 What kind of quests are there? Are most generic boring ones, or interesting ones?
4.1.2 I'm running out of questions... I'll post more later if I can think of any. [img]smile.gif[/img] Any comments on this?

Now a lucky person among you can answer this! Cheery, isn't it? Thankest thou!
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 10:31 PM   #2
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

Holy crap.... Sorry can't answer those questions yet, for I just started. But I can tell you there are quite a large number of quest to preform. Well over 150 different quest. Main story line, faction, and misc quests.

The game is quite open ended. You do not have to do anything in any particular order, and you are not under the gun for any quests.

Combat is movement based for attacks. I mean you can move the mouse to slash, chop, or thrust.

Magic system is like the one found in Daggerfall and Battlespire.

Stat screens are new layout. World view movement is fluid and 360 deg.

Thats a start for your answers..
Old 05-10-2002, 09:15 PM   #3
Encard
Quintesson

[img]smile.gif[/img] *nod* Thankest thou. Oh, and I should rpobably mention that I haven't played the earlier Elder Scrolls games...
Old 05-11-2002, 12:06 AM   #4
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

Since you have not played the other games of the series, you will be in for a treat. The game world is quite large. You do not even have to complete the main quest for a long time, especially if you like to explore and wander.

I like that in an crpg. I enjoy the option of just cruisin to another situation, or diversion, without having everything hanging in the balance while I am having fun...

If you enjoy this type of game, you will answer all of your questions once you start playing...
Old 05-13-2002, 06:04 PM   #5
Encard
Quintesson

*bump* Any more comments by anyone?