Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2002, 07:18 AM   #1
WinterWolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have tried this stupid chamber so many different times, and I can't figure out a way to nail those stupid Brass Monks!!! My monk was halfway competant and actually managed to kill one once, but it's so hard!!!! Any ideas or ways to do it that have worked?? THANKS!
Old 10-04-2002, 09:00 AM   #2
Nom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I must say that I did have some problems myself on these brass monks. Took me three times of trying with my barbarian too finish it.
My strategy was simply to always move out of the fires way and only meeting one monk at a time. Take'em out one by one so to say and never meet them two against you.
Nom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 04:37 PM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

This room is the toughest of the 8. But with proper tactics, it's entirely beatable.

1. If you're trying to do it with a monk, you probably need something like great evasion to be able to "ignore" and dodge the flameblasts while pummeling the 2 monks.

2. Use a cleric. Immediately summon a FIRE elemental at a decent distance from you. Run away from the F.E. and the monks and let the F.E. fight the monks. Cast "Protection from Fire" on yourself. Then sit back and relax while your Fire Elemental whupps the 2 monks.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 07:01 PM   #4
soulwind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This was by FAR the hardest room for me. This is what I finally did to defeat it fairly quickly. Take your wizard in and quickly summon two fire demons. Then, when the fire starts falling, cast Otiluke's Resilient Sphere on yourself. Nothing can touch you, but the fire demons beat up the monks. They are also immune to not only the fire raining down, but also the fire attacks of the monks. Just wait until they're dead and get teleported back to the starting room.
soulwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 07:03 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I did it with my thiefling thief.

I got away with 3 health, that was the best fight I ever had.