Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2002, 02:56 PM   #21
che
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My friend went solo in BG2 (and TOB) with a fighter/tief and the only thing he could not beat is the end of TOB ('cause she is immune to backstab) he only needed to kill her once, and then he could have set traps, but... Hope you don't run into someone you just can't beat solo.
Keep us informed!
Old 09-30-2002, 03:53 AM   #22
Ishanda
Dungeon Master

Yeah, not being able to clobber someone is my only concern. So far so good. I have had problems to be sure. Since my class is not magic able, it makes some normally easy battles VERY, VERY difficult. Like Sherincal, it took me close on 4 hours and MANY healing potions to beat her. If I had magic (even just protection stuff) at my disposal, it would have been much easier.

I have dispatched the lovely sisters in the Ice Temple with relative ease and will be easing out of there soon (just treasure to pick up and the last 2 levels of the battle room to go)
Ishanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:23 AM   #23
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Manshoon

liar [img]smile.gif[/img]
the monk gets 6! attacks per round
he is the only char who make it to six - theres a item around something like
"claps of thunder bolt" (which gives him an additional attack) (checked it out - it worked)
Old 10-08-2002, 02:28 AM   #24
Ishanda
Dungeon Master

OK, well I did not know about the item !!!! lol...

I have just encountered Isaer and Madea for the first time and that is where I am at the moment.

Just before encountering the Will-o-Wisps (that you have to kill) my char levelled up to 19th level....at that point the most amazing thing happened. The monk gets 9 uses (at lv 19) per day of a special skill that makes her/him ethereal for a little while. The poor wisps did not know where they were getting clobbered from since I was in an ethereal state. It was lovely.

I just keep wondering what I did the battles in the ice temple for....no spectacular treasure to speak for after I completed all 10 ranks....or did I miss anything...I whacked seven monsters every time for every rank.

RLMAO....I kinda felt like "the Rock" when he dishes out a series of slaps to an opponent, with the last slap he holds his hand up high, looks at it for a mo, and then plants the "deathblow"

There was this one kind of monster that I could not defeat (no matter how hard I tried...because of the time limit) in the battle room. With my last battle in this room I kept getting this monster... Finally I tried the Quivering Palm attack (picture "the Rock") my first blow landed as the monster was nearing me and lo and behold....down she goes like a whimpering pig....BRILLIANT!!!

I finally put a feat point into normal Bows....I got tired of running out of having this wonderful ammo and not being able to use it.

Incidentally...with my Ring of the warrior and Str bonus and such, the first 2 (out of four) attacks with my crossbow have a BAB of +27. The other 2 attacks are not far behind. It is wonderful....group of Warrior come running after me...I run a little ways ahead, let fly...

CHOCK

15 dmg

CHOCK

12 dmg

CHOCK

Critical 48 dmg

CHOCK

11 dmg

It is BRILLIANT twenty times over.....die earthworm scum!!
Ishanda is offline   Reply With Quote