Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2001, 11:26 AM   #1
Jyster
Welcomed New User

hi ppl

Got TOB yesterday and in the instructions it mentions the "Contingency and Spell Trigger Screen" that appears on the characters spell book page. Not on mine it doesnt, i cant c the button anywhere. Is it in the game or not?

Jyster
Jyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 11:31 AM   #2
Ladie Jas
Dungeon Master

Hi...
Only a beginner mysself so could be way off line here but I think you have to cast hte spell to get the chioces to come up... its not really in your spell book but more in your spell list at the bottom of the screen..

with trepidation

Ladie Jas
Ladie Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 11:36 AM   #3
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

I think that is an error in the wording of the manual. There is a contingency page, but it doesn't list spell triggers. You can view your contingencies by opening up your spell book, and clicking on the "Contingency" button on the bottom.

The manual implies that you can also view Spell Triggers the same way, you can't. You pretty much have to remember on your own what you have in your triggers.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Xod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 01:29 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Xod:
You can view your contingencies by opening up your spell book, and clicking on the "Contingency" button on the bottom.
just exactly where is this button? i have 5 contingincies on diff peeps and don't see any buttons in my books. all i have is the standard star button on the bottom of the main screen that shows how many of each contingency/trigger the char has (y'know...down there with the 'bag' button and the ':+)' button ::well, it does kinda look like a smiley:: )
anyway, i have brought up all of my chars spellbooks and just can't find this button.
*feels dumb*
please help.

V***V

vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 02:55 PM   #5
trux

The contingency button should be at the bottom of your mage book screen.

And welcome to your new ToB palace, Jyster.

------------------
--
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 11:57 AM   #6
Jyster
Welcomed New User

Thats just it the contingency button is not at the bottom of the spellbook. i cant find it anywhere and its a pain in the arse trying in the heat of battle to remember what you had in them
i have posted this on other TOB message boards and they say the same "its a button at the bottom of the spell book page". but its not there.

[This message has been edited by Jyster (edited 07-22-2001).]
Jyster is offline   Reply With Quote