Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2001, 03:45 PM   #1
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Doesn anyone here follow US politics? The 90s were a good decade for those of us who appreciate the humor that politics provide. I got 4 years of the best quotes ever out of then VP Dan Quayle. I just finished up 8 years of laughs at former President Clinton's expense, regarding his whoring ways. "Well...that depends on how you define 'is'." Now it looks like I'm going to have another 4 years of laughs out of Bushy jr.

Does anyone else find it slightly ironic that Bush, who is an admitted alcoholic and was reputedly a HUGE party animal in college has a daughter in college who is getting busted for illegal boozing?! It appears now that she is underage and was drinking, used a fake ID, and got pulled over and issued a DUI.

I'm seeing George taking his little girl out behind the woodshed for a really lengthy ass-whooping.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-30-2001, 04:09 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Lol, so THATS where they got the name for that hilarious gnome in BG1, Quayle, lol, I don't think Bush is funny, ok, maybe a little, but still, he might bring about WWIII.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:40 PM   #3
Gaelic
Elminster

What amazes me is that Bush catches hell for one DUI and some drugs over 30 years ago, but Billy Graham's son (now an evangelist as well) did FAR worse (to include arson, grand theft, multiple DUI's and drug busts) and it makes for a quirky little story about someone who is such a "great guy" now.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-30-2001, 08:24 PM   #4
Charean
Hathor

I find it amusing that Janet Reno is thinking about running for governer of Florida against Jeb Bush... that will be really funny...

And who would have guessed that Hilary Clinton would end up as a senator for a state she never lived in?

You have to admit... we do have a great soap opera on Capitol Hill....

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Old 05-31-2001, 03:53 PM   #5
Gaelic
Elminster

Yeah, too bad its a soap opera that can take my money away.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-31-2001, 04:00 PM   #6
Moiraine
Anubis

You guys are lucky - we have a Mafia movie here. "Take the money and run" !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 05-31-2001, 04:21 PM   #7
Gaelic
Elminster

We have the same thing in the making here. The Taxandspendocrats are about to take over the Senate and block any possible good thing that could have happened. Oh well. Back to working a half day every day just to pay the government.

------------------
Gaelic