Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2003, 03:34 PM   #1
Ironbar
Manshoon

Ok, so far i have been able to reach chapter 3. However, i am becoming concerned about the apparant lack of NPC's who can join the party. I think i have encountered most NPC's but was worried that i had missed them, are they hiding somewhere?

Therefore i just wanted to know how many are available at level 3. I don't need to know the names of those further on in the game but i want reasssurance that they doo exist.

Thanks
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 03:44 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I think there are around 16 NPC's and all are accessible by Chapter 3 if you know were to look.

[ 08-05-2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 06:20 PM   #3
Grammar
Zhentarim Guard

In Unmodded Game:
Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Imoen - Irenicus' Duneon (You can't miss her)
Minsc - Irenicus' Dungeon (Cage by where you are, merely talk to him and he'll free himself)
Jaheira - Irenicus' Dungeon (Get the key in the room west of your cage then talk to her. She is right by Minsc's cage)
Yoshimo - Irenicus' Dungeon (Second floor, you can't miss him)
Aerie - Circus Tent in Waukeen's Promenade (Kill the 'Peasants' which the Ogre asks you to and then give it the sword)
Korgan - Copper Coronet (Listen to his tale and then say you'll help him out)
Anomen - Copper Coronet (Merely say you have courage and are good aligned)
Nalia - Copper Coronet --OR-- De'Arnise Keep (You can either grab her in the Copper Coronet when you initially meet her or get her to join you at the De'Arnise Keep)
Viconia - Government District (By the Jail [West Area]. Move your mouse around her and it'll turn into the cursor which indicates you can do something. Clicking will set her free)
Jan Jansen - Government District (South of the Center Park area. Take his side in the argument with Trax)
Valygar Corthala - Ranger's Cabin in North West of Umar Hills
Keldorn Firecam - Sewers below Temple District (Agree to help the Temple out with the Unseeing Eye quest and then go to the Northwest of the Sewers)
Haer'Dalis - Mekrath's Tower (Accessible from the Sewers below the Temple District. Easiest way: Kill Mekrath. The tower is behind a hidden door slightly East of where you meet Keldorn)
Edwin - Mae'Var's Shadowthief Guildhall (Top level. Complete all of the quest for Renal Bloodscalp about finding dirt on Mae'Var. When Edwin reveals to you that his superior intellect has discovered your plans, let him know the truth. He will ask to join you)
Cernd - Jail below the Mayor's House in Trademeet (Agree to help Lord Coprith and then go talk to Cernd. You will have the option to have him join you)
Mazzy - Shade Lord's Dungeon (Go to Umar Hills and agree to help the mayor. Go to near the SW of the area and look around the cabin there. Then go over to the newly opened up area [Temple Ruins]. If you enter the Temple Ruins themselves, there is a door to an area directly west of where you enter. Keep going west and you will meet a Shadow Jailer. Kill him and grab the key then open the door NE of him)

And those are the joinable NPCs. There are many mods which add NPCs. Look in the FAQ for information about those.

Some of the 'better' mod selections:
Kelsey
Solaufein
Valen
Tashia
Grammar is offline   Reply With Quote