Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 09:13 AM   #131
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (As another element of the mob advances, they get too near Shaitann for his liking. The huge horse lashes out with his heels, striking one manand flinging him, dead, against his comrades, his face stove in. He then rounds upon them with his forefeet, knocking another man unconscious. They draw back in panic. No one will dare get near the enraged beast. Blandamour, seeing their fear, jumps atop him and spurs him, driving him into the crowd, sword dealing damage to any that dare draw near.) "Eliza, stay with Isaura. Galadria and I can handle this rabble." (A paving sone flies by his head, grazing his helmet but not slowing him in the least. He again spurs Shaitann into the fleeing mass. It has become a rout.)
Old 06-10-2002, 10:10 AM   #132
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Be careful with the killing here. Most of those here are not evildoers but Pitters defending their neighborhood from perceived attackers. In this city, at least, the party's reputation will take a beating if any more innocents are killed.

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:

He reaches the door, his frantic eyes scanning the horizon. The sickening feeling of being watched almost paralyses him as he senses the movements behind innocuous-looking crates and boxes. Once they had been his allies... but now... by a cynical twist of fate, they are his enemies ....

.... Beads of perspiration form on the temples of his head and he glances about uncertainly.
He will soon have absolutely nothing more to worry about

The air rings with shouted curses and shrieks of fear and pain. Amid he confused sounds of flight and combat a slight draft of air moves, a draft not even noticed among such things as the movements of the great horse and those scrambling to avoid its lashing hooves. It is, unlike these other movements of air, however, a movement that is very specifically directed. It gathers slowly around the head of a frightened man and speaks softly into each of his ears, “It has been a merry chase indeed. A pity to see such sport reach it end. And to think you were so close – why you could almost touch them!” He stiffens at the words and consciousness flees his body at a blow to the head.

One more wounded victim dragged away in all of this confusion will not be noticed and a few more hostile thoughts among so many violent emotions will hardly call attention to themselves. A sharp scent within his nostrils pulls him suddenly back into consciousness but his eyes are covered and he can see nothing. “Do not worry for your life,” it is a woman’s voice, a voice soft and tranquil. “No one here shall take it from you. No, your life shall be yours to live. That living will simply take place here in this room and all you will see for the rest of your life is the darkness of the blindfold." A hint of anger creeps into her voice, "You sought to ruin her life and have only succeeded in destroying your own.”

Ullalume’s eyes narrow and the man’s body stiffens as time itself contracts around him. The beating of his heart quickens and his lungs race to fill themselves with breath. The motion of time crushes him with its rushing movement. Today becomes tomorrow again and again and again as nothing more than seconds pass around him. The budding arthritis in his joints progresses and twists his limbs and as he cries out in pain he is startled to find an old man’s words leave his throat. Still the relentless motion of time claims him. Health and youth and promise have all been lost and withered along with his wrinkled flesh. His racing heart bursts and he collapses to the floor but time does not stop. The body crumbles and in a few moments all that remains is dust and a few fragments of bone and hair.

At a word from Claudia even these traces are lost as a wind swirls within the room lifting the remains and carrying them out through the window and dispersing them into the moving air. "We simply must remember to properly thank that fool with the crossbow and that darling little red haired spitfire for giving us so wonderful an opportunity," she laughs softly. "I was at something of a loss as to how we would prevent him from reaching them otherwise." She places a hand on Ullalume’s shoulder, “Come, it is time to go.” She whispers a command and the two of them are gone from this little room.

[ 06-10-2002, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 06-10-2002, 11:28 AM   #133
Elif Godson
Dracolich

ooc> wow, I cant get on the computer all weekend and look what I missed. Anarchy pure and simple

ic> Kishin steps off to the side ducking into an alley way with blinding speed he almost blinks out of sight. "Addison, they are to many and frieghtened I will see what I can do" Addison hears in his
thought's. Focusing on a more prominant group that seems to be the biggest aggressor's Kishin starts to pluck there hatered and fear from there minds, replacing it with thoughts food and harmony and of love making . The fore front of the crowd start to get bewildered looks across there face a largewr man even turns to one of his fellows and say's " I love you man" "Ack, Roog what are you doing, stop that get off me" the smaller man yell's at his friend, similar crys can be heard from amongst the crowd " Now is the time to leave" Blandamore hears in his head The crowd is starting to turn in on itself with people hugging on eachother or trying to leave
Some laughter can be heard coming from the alley that Kishin darted down
Old 06-10-2002, 11:34 AM   #134
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> That was gruesome but very well-described, Cyril [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Just to confirm - I won't be posting at all till I see the effects of the poison and whether the cute lil' cub comes a-poking its nose at Sorsha
Old 06-10-2002, 11:43 AM   #135
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Mistral [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] D'OH! I knew I forgot something. The poison, as noted, is not lethal. It's two effects are pain and delerium.

I did not realize you were waiting for a return visit from the cub -- let me see what I can do.....
Old 06-10-2002, 11:55 AM   #136
mistral4543

OOC>>> Noted, Cyril You don't have to add in the cub, I just wanted to know whether you're gonna introduce anything cos I suspect Legolas would be waiting to see if you had anything to add Anyway, I'm off to bed soon so I'll see the rest of you a few hours later

IC>>>
Isaura

Blandamour's spell had certainly eased the merciless stabs assaulting every inch of her body, not to mention the relentless torrents of unintelligible words overflowing from her mind and spilling out of her ears.

Her body quite drenched, she winces, her unseen sores still very much tender ~ "What was that about?" ~ Troubles creasing her forehead ~ "I'm sure we haven't done anything... to offend anyone..." ~ Reaching out weakly to grab a napkin to wipe the perspiration off her brows, cheeks, neck...
Old 06-10-2002, 12:02 PM   #137
Cerek the Barbaric

Addison looks down on the scene from his perch on the rooftop, shaking his head in utter dismay. The constable had specifically warned Lady Galadria against this type of action. He couldn't fault Eliza for her actions, but he had to wonder how much of a threat commoners with kitchen utensils could've presented to these battle-hardened veterans. The resulting slaughter was the last thing their group needed. He should just cast Faerie Fire on the entire group - it certainly wouldn't make them any more visible than they were now.

He had hoped that he and Kishin would've been able to disperse the crowds hostile feelings without bloodshed through sorcery and psionics. Now there was no hope of that, nor of going unnoticed in the city anymore. If they hadn't been spied upon before, it was certain they would be from this point forward.

Ah well, what is the saying about best laid plans? This one had certainly been laid to rest, and the group would be needing to lie low themselves for a day or two. He floats down and informs Kishin that he will follow the paladins back to the tavern to ensure they are not attacked on the way.

Once there, they will need to formulate a new plan of action.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:47 PM   #138
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (Seeing the mob pancked and running away (except for those in the alley , he reins Shaitann in, and heads back to Eliza, Galadria and Isaura.) "Well, that was touch and go. Mobs like that are dangerous unless treated boldly. Back to the tavern then. We have announced that we are here, let the chips fall where they may." (He pats Shaitann with great affection) "Nothing like having a great beast like him in a rage to get everyone's attention and get them wondering what they are doing."
Old 06-10-2002, 02:05 PM   #139
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (She walks proudly alongside Blandamour, her hand on Shaitann's neck. What a big brute, she thinks admiringly. She looks at his hooves and realises that she will have to clean off the blood and brains caked there.) [img]tongue.gif[/img] "Lord, what did they want to shoot poor Isaura for? I would think that she was as little a threat as anyone here." (He simply shakes his head in reply, so she continues on) "I think it was because she was the only one not in armor. Maybe I can work something out."

[ 06-10-2002, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Old 06-10-2002, 04:53 PM   #140
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: It's looking like a busy evening out this way and so I'm unsure as to whether or not I'll be able to post tonight. If I do manage to shake free it won't be until later tonight.
Closed Thread