Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2001, 03:27 AM   #1
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Ok, I'm stuck. I saw some other post about this here but it didn't work for me.

I'm trying to get through the door with those mechanisms that looks like they need a switch to work. Where is that switch? I've been combing the four siderooms to the big chamber and found an amulet and some keys, I think. Should I use these in some way? Do I have to wear the amulet? Should I place something somewhere? I'm getting annoyed here, so please help me.
Hoggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 04:16 AM   #2
Khanar Tor'vel

If I'm thinking of the right tomb, the switch is on the backside of the first pillar in a group of three in the room before the door. Just run your mouse pointer down the edge of the pillar and you'll find the switch.
Old 01-12-2001, 04:35 AM   #3
G.W.

This is the worst thing about IWD. There are a few switches that are incredibly hard to find which block your progress (or progress in finding an item). When in doubt, look carefully for blue tiles. (BG II at least fixed this by changing your cursor to a rotating icon)
Old 01-12-2001, 04:45 AM   #4
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Thanks a million. Will try it as soon as I get home.

GW, do you mean the cursor dont change at all while over objects you can operate? That sounds like something I will get annoyed over quite a few times then. Perhaps the expansion fixes it.

Thanks again =)
Hoggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 05:31 PM   #5
G.W.

Yep, the cursor is always an arrow, and the switch is more like a chest. There's about one such hard to switch for each chapter after the next one.
Old 01-16-2001, 07:30 PM   #6
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

if your pointer is always an arrow, you must have a bug. The pointer DOES change when you're over something you can activate. The switch in Kresslaks tomb and the sneaky little "brick switch" in the lowest level of Dragon's eye will BOTH highlight in blue and change your icon to a lock. (like "pick lock") so keep looking, or make sure you have the latest patches
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote