Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2001, 11:24 PM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Hi yall

Let me start with adressing larry, sence it will make more sence..

I bought A book of the Cities Series. "Temple Hill" its called, good book so far. Characters seem intresting. For right now I recomend it too you, but keep in mind I havent finished it yet so it could really suck.

Djinn, I tryed the page 40 trick! Obviosuly it worked. I will probley start using this more often...it has a cool cover too

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison
Grand-Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 11:54 PM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

ROFLMAO
40 pages !!!! nice!!!

I did it today too...hahhahahhahhahha...and guess what it was with an Iain Banks book!!! Hahahhaha. The one called Inversions...Sharpedge put it on his top 5 list...I learned of this writer from the posts of Mouse and Melusine and Sharpedge and Tancred!

I was cruising through the library looking for that book Jabidas had mentioned...the one by John Le Carre called the Spy Who Came in From the Cold. And boom...walking through the Sci-Fi section and there it was trying to grab my attention so i took it. And i got a John Le Carre book too but i think i got the wrong one...I got it wrong and got one by him called The Perfect Spy...Not sure what to do...Im working on another Clavells book right now: Whirlwind...the one set in Iran...Its the second time ive read it so i might try to scrap it and take on the Banks book or return the Le Carre one for the right copy. But then again Clavells books are so damn hard to put down that i might not be able too...

Haahhahhahhah page 40!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 09-27-2001).]
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 12:28 AM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Hehehe, well I still on the IceWind Dale series (I know pathitic, about 10 years behidn everyone )So I dont know if I will start reading this one or not yet..

Man I dont know what the deal is, but I can read anything but fantasy, I have tryed, but nothing else cuts it like fantasy. For me anyway.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison
Old 09-28-2001, 12:58 AM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Ok well you want to know what you should try!??!

SHOGUN Dude. This book will blow you away! It demands that you turn page after page after page. Its over a thousand pages so its a big muhaha but is it ever worth it. At least read what you got on your plate right now and when your up to it...even if it takes you years to open the cover...read it.

It is without a doubt in my mind one of the funnest, most thorouglly enjoyable, absolutly engrossing novels ever written. It grabs you and it wont let go. Some might say it doesnt deserve the praise i heap on it...and maybe it doesnt offer some kind of aphiffiny (sp?) but man...it is just a great novel that stirs your emotions, something which to many books fail to do.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 01:23 AM   #5
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:

SHOGUN Dude. This book will blow you away! It demands that you turn page after page after page. Its over a thousand pages so its a big muhaha but is it ever worth it. At least read what you got on your plate right now and when your up to it...even if it takes you years to open the cover...read it.

It is without a doubt in my mind one of the funnest, most thorouglly enjoyable, absolutly engrossing novels ever written. It grabs you and it wont let go. Some might say it doesnt deserve the praise i heap on it...and maybe it doesnt offer some kind of aphiffiny (sp?) but man...it is just a great novel that stirs your emotions, something which to many books fail to do.
It sounds good,I will look forit, I havent read a book that good sence the DL Chronicals...Those books wear simply stunning.

------------------

Old 09-28-2001, 08:09 AM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you for the positive outlook on that book.
I was worried that it may be too intermediate, but if you say that it is interesting enough, that is all I need.

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 12:55 PM   #7
dominions
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:

I've read that one, too. You're not wrong in your praise.

------------------
Hey! Like RPGs? See the DungeonCraft - RPG Game Maker on the Ironworks Gaming Forum
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote