Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #51
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: How to deal with a protest (article within)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
I am all for tackling the problem of illegal immigrants in this country. I'm all for a closed border. I'm all for a wall.

I'm all for Arizona pressing the issue and trying to force the hand of a federal government that won't do its job (and let's face it, this isn't an Obama failing, it's a failing of every President I've ever known of).

But when a law skirts so close to asking - nay, requiring - that police officers undertake deliberate racial profiling... well, there's a problem with that. I don't want "your skin is brown" or "you look funny" to be reasons for a cop to detain you and ask for papers.

Now, let's be really fair here too, though. There are "haven" areas for illegals, too. So, Arizona is the lone voice in the wilderness on the anti-illegal side, but the whole "federal jurisdiction" things is certainly snubbed by many haven states and cities who basically prohibit their police from assisting in the enforcement of these laws whatsoever.

In Chicago for instance if my wife has an arrested criminal who is charged with a felony and is also an illegal alien -- she CANNOT -- is prohibited from -- calling ICE to turn the guy over.

Obviously I'm no lawyer, but these kind of idiot rules need to be done away with. I know there are political ramifications to anything involving deporting imported criminals but you would think one of those jokers(polititicians) would get balls.