Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2000, 11:15 AM   #1
Zarkas

Anyone killed the lich at skull castle?
i only managed to remove half his hitpoints before cet stole him
(only the mavin could hurt him)

- Zarkas
Old 12-06-2000, 01:16 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm sure some player somewhere has probably managed to kill the lich but the question is why would you want to? (yeah, yeah, I know, for the experience points.) The lich actually plays a part later in the game and is part of the quest to be a Valkyrie so there are reasons to let him alone. I doubt that any group of players managed to do him in on the first play through. Perhaps in second or third playings of the game when a party can be very powerful one could take out the lich.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2000, 06:26 AM   #3
Zarkas

Why i want to kill the Lich?..

Well he is a foul creature who murdered his family, so he must die, and by my holy blade.
Just like the greedy dwarf king and the dumb big lizard who burned my hair when i was on my way to pay him a visit.

- Zarkas
Old 12-07-2000, 08:33 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Um, Zarkas of the holy blade and the good intentions (ie greedy stout king, evil murderous lich dude etc). I saved and killed Freyiedes to see what experience he was worth. Haven't seen it discussed anywhere, but did anyone else note that our narrator friend described the evil laugh of someone rejoicing in the squabbles and destruction of the forces of law and order (presumably Cet, seeing another bastion of civilization crumbling). After that, I reloaded and let him live (but pinched his key and robbed him blind heh, heh).
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2000, 03:11 AM   #5
Zarkas

You are right, I did hear this unholy laughter when he died, but i didn't think more about it, me being a nice elf and him a wicked dwarf.

- Zarkas
Old 12-08-2000, 09:58 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Does anyone remember the oath they swore when they took on the quest of seeking the Mavin??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2000, 10:11 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Fair go Wyv, I said I reloaded, although that wicked laugh was the clincher that convinced me. Has anyone ever tried to pickpocket the Blue Djinn, the genie of the lamp?? It never occurred to me, but I know Mussy has (ROFLOLWP), just ask Lily how it went.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote