Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2001, 02:11 AM   #1
Cayle
The Magister

Hi All,

I was wondering about switching classes for the PC. In one of my games I am playing a (LG) conjurer/summoner to see what that specalty is like, but I think I will add Edwin as a party member in another game (checking out evil and Kensai/Mage). Soooo.... I am interested in using Shadowkeeper to edit my LG conjurer over to a sorcer without breaking the game. I am early in that particular game, so I COULD just start again, but I do not want to play Jon'S dungeon for the 100th time. Plus, I do not get more than a few hours a week to play (wife, baby, career, etc), so I do not want to spend a few weeks in real life to get this character back to where he is.

The difference in spell progression concerns me. Sorcers have their spells as special abilities, not under spells. I could for instance create a new sorcer, set their xp equal to my current conjurer and see how many spells of each level I get, etc. I can then copy the relevant info over to my conjurer, ditch the spellbook, change class to sorcerer. Has anyone done this? Are there any gotchas?

------------------
- Cayle
Old 03-16-2001, 04:55 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

As with anything hacked, there are "gotchas". Usually switching your class does not carry over special abilities which you need to assign manually. The most failsafe way to do it if you don't know too much about SK would be to create a sorcerer in BG2 and check out the special abilities etc so that you can replicate. Give it a try, make sure you have a save game handy, and if it doesn't work you can always go back to that. Let us know how you go.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-16-2001, 10:21 AM   #3
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Actually, the sorcerer doesn't have his spells under special abilities except the inate ones (that all primary characters get, depending on alignment) and the things like spell sequencers, spell triggers. I bet you could do great using Shadowkeeper to switch all of this over. Don't forget to add all the spells you want to your repitoire, since your cheating anyway (I did, and I'm supposed to be lawful-good... shame on me).

Anyone know how to dual class a fighter into a sorcerer with a cheat? Or should I be content with a super-hacked kensai/mage Black Razor/Celestial Fury weilding DemiGod?

------------------
and the flaming sword turning every way, guards the tree of life.
Old 03-16-2001, 10:50 AM   #4
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

What you could do is take your save file put it in the multiplayer save file open a multiplayer game with that save delete that character create a new character in that slot then put the save file back in the normal save folder

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
Old 03-16-2001, 11:52 AM   #5
Ruhl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Or ---- using Shadowkeeper, change your class, level to 1, hit points, ac, and saving throws to what they would be at 1, but leave XP alone. Start the game and level him up. He will now be whatever level your XP puts him at with all the abilities and perks.