Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2001, 03:11 AM   #1
ccannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey everyone. I swear I won't abuse this but had a couple quick questions for anyone who knows more about this than me (which is essentially everyone):

#1 How the crap do you go down ladders? I'm about 50/50 on UP ladders but have just taken the hit going down. Am I a loser or is this a common problem?

#2 OK, I read on here to get Ancient Lore fast so as to not need identify (which has been taking money from me quickly!). Now my Priest has it and still can't identify anything (I don't think). Do I need another skill? Is the button to USE the identify skill the same as Dragon Fire (or if not, where is that button?)?

#3 Lastly, in a similar light, I got somebody the blacksmith trait. Groovy except - how do you use it?

Thank you all for your help again and I look forward to hearing from you.
ccannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 04:35 AM   #2
DrDave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So far as I can see

1. 99 adventurers out of 100 prefer the fall and splat method. You can try approaching the "wrong" side of the ladder, looking down and preferably from a slight angle - I think it worked for me about twice in the early days before I gave up! I trust this will be dealt with in any sequel!

2. You also need the Artifacts skill

2. As above but this time the Forge skill

The above are, of course, a right swiz or swindle. The least the Guilds could do is offer you a bundled package or a discount on the skill purchase!

DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 04:58 AM   #3
ccannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks. . . when/where do I get these skills (Forge and Artifacts)? And, the guilds are screwing us aren't they? Here I go into some musty crypt, grab some dude's sword he dropped (or ring or whatever) and then they sell me HALF training for something? Thanks, Smitty and Onabe, thanks for nothing!

Thanks for the help, Dr. Dave!
ccannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 10:13 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

#2 As pointed out you need both ancient lore and artifacts to identify items

WHEN you have both of these skills, click on the item in your inventory and on the information screen which pops up you will see a question mark icon on the bottom. Click on that to identify the item.
More important/powerful items will require a higher artifacts skill level to identify.

Hope that helps!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 02:59 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

CCannon: Not sure if you figured it out yet (I don't think anyone answered your question), but you get Forge and Artifacts in the same place where you got the other skills. The next level up, go back in for training and you can train for each one. Note that they will not automatically appear on your skills list until you've trained to first level: then you can start adding points there.

And I agree, DrDave, it is a swindle...if you get the trait, the skill window should have shown up in your skills list automatically. The same holds true with "Doublestrike" and "2nd weapon", or "Cloak of Night" and "Stealth." WWTTO?? (What Were They Thinking Of???)

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote