Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2003, 06:10 AM   #1
Quintus Arrius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've recently re-installed BG:II and the ToB expansion onto my machine and imported my old BG-II saved endgame to begin the ToB story.

What I was wondering is, given that I am partway through the game, are there any add-ons that people can recommend to make the rest of the game more interesting?

Where I have got to :

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
H
E
A
D

I've killed Yaga-Shura and Sendai basically and am debating doing Watchers Keep or Abizigigigigl.

My Party is :
Me (Paladin)
Jaheira
Aerie (Carrying my baby... aw!)
Imoen
Mazzy
... Now, I HAD Sarevok until the fight with Sendai but he got rendered into kibble in the closing seconds of the battle, so I either have to refight the WHOLE thing again (argh!) or mourn his loss and carry on with someone else.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:36 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Just to get this issue off the ground first, do you have both the Official Patch and the Baldurdash Fixpack installed ?? If you`re saying "what the **** are those?", check the FAQ on the SOA forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]

After you have gotten both of those, get Ascension. [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 07:31 AM   #3
Quintus Arrius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've just downloaded the Baldurdash FixPack v1.12 and the Official BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH patch.

I've also pulled down : Redemption-v1.1.2 & Ascension-WeiDU-v1.4.15

I am gutted that you can't initiate a new Romance in ToB (In the event of a bustup with an existing partner or for the sheer heck of it). Not that a Harem of babes is entirely in the Paladin Ethos ('Sho nuff, for an Anti-Paladin of Mojo' perhaps).

I've yet to install the Patches though.

I guess the order would be :
Offical Patch
Baldur-dash
Ascension
Redemption
Old 04-29-2003, 12:09 PM   #4
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintus Arrius:
I am gutted that you can't initiate a new Romance in ToB (In the event of a bustup with an existing partner or for the sheer heck of it).
Yes you can.

Kelsey can be summoned from the Fate Spirit in-romance:
http://www.forgottenwars.net/kelsey

Plus, we allow the flirt-ready NPCs (Aerie, Viconia, Jaheira) to be summoned from the Fate Spirit in-romance:
http://www.forgottenwars.net/npcflirt
Old 04-29-2003, 12:16 PM   #5
Quintus Arrius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

>J Compton :

>Plus, we allow the flirt-ready NPCs (Aerie, Viconia, Jaheira) to be summoned
>from the Fate Spirit in-romance:
>http://www.forgottenwars.net/npcflirt

Oh? Interesting... I shall have to give that a try. One presumes that you'd need one of the concurrent romance add-ons stuck into the overrides folder to make this work for more than one?
Old 04-29-2003, 02:58 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintus Arrius:
Oh? Interesting... I shall have to give that a try. One presumes that you'd need one of the concurrent romance add-ons stuck into the overrides folder to make this work for more than one?
Yes, you do. You can find one here, just scroll down the page a bit.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:12 PM   #7
jcompton
Elminster

...and prepare for your game to bug out. Multiromance is notoriously buggy.

And you won't be able to use multiromance to help you summon multiple NPCs in romance because of the way the code works.

[ 04-29-2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: jcompton ]
Old 04-30-2003, 03:12 AM   #8
Quintus Arrius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you all for the help. I think I shall keep my Paladin as a nice monogamous type with Aerie but it's interesting to see how to tweak the game.

I've stuck the official patch and the baldurdash fixpack on okay (Which includes the fix for the Jaheira romance I think) and am debating the Ascension add-on.

BG-II/ToB seemed to be the CRPG with the most intra-party interaction (even if you exclude the player-NPC romances) it's a shame that (as far as I can see) none of the others on the market come close.

I shall be a little sad when ToB is over. Le sigh...
Old 04-30-2003, 10:42 AM   #9
Borg
The Magister

Personally, as a first time through, I think I would hold off on Ascension. Just save the game before all major battles. Then once you go through the normal game, load Ascension, go back to the point recommended by Ascension and play the end again with Ascension. I admit that I haven't played with Ascension active prior to that "recommended point", so I don't know what/if I missed anything, but I am enjoying finishing up Ascension and knowing how it compares with the original script.
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote