Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Rush limbaugh is one the biggest jackasses ever!! I just heard about his comments about Donovan McNabb being "overrated" because "the media wanted a black quarterback to succeed." That is the bigggest load of pigswallow cockeymamy bullshit I have ever heard in my life. I am sorry I don't often swear but I am severely ticked off at the nerve this guy has to say something that ignorant. McNabb is awesome, what did the Eagles make the playoffs based solely on luck and overrated media attention? Hardly. What is the world was he thinking? Well obviously he wasn't. I am glad to hear that he resigned from ESPN after that, if they didn't make him they should have. First of all what in the world is Rush limbaugh doing commentating on football? He has absolutely no knowledge of the sport whatsoever, and comments like that just reiterate that fact. I never liked his polical show but that has nothing to do with this. Had I listened to it I would boycott it after this. Secondly McNabb is considered by everyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of football to be one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Defensive coordinators have nightmares thinking up schemes to stop him. So he had two bad games at the begining of the year so he's terrible now. Rush grow a brain. Andy Reid, their coach, is trying to turn him into a pocket quarterback, which is ridiculous because everyone knows his ability to scramble for yards is one of his best assets. Not to mention him be able to throw the ball really far and really accurately. Rush might know things like this is he spent less time being a complete and utter moron and more time paying at least some attention to football. Comments like this are detrimental to the equality people have worked for since the abolition of slavery. If Rush thought he was overrated for some reason I'de like to see something, anything to back that up other than 2 shaky games at the begining of the season, one against tampa bay the best defense in the league. I'll stop ranting now [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] but basically Rush needs to shut his big fat yapper and come out with a sincere public apology, though that might not be enough for me to ever even think of having an inkling of respect for him.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:54 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Limbaugh is a friggin idiot. 3/4 of the league would trade 2 #1 draft picks for McNabb I bet. The ones that wouldnt already have good quarterbacks. If McNabb sucks..hmm trade him to the Carolina Panthers
Old 10-03-2003, 06:56 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Limbaugh is a friggin idiot. 3/4 of the league would trade 2 #1 draft picks for McNabb I bet. The ones that wouldnt already have good quarterbacks. If McNabb sucks..hmm trade him to the Carolina Panthers
screw that he should go the Browns They can have holcomb and couch. Now holcomb, there is guy who is overrated.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:00 PM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Azrael go check the current events forum for a good debate on this topic.. good thread over there right now..
Old 10-03-2003, 07:01 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ok we'll give you Delhomme and we get McNabb keep Couch and Holcomb [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 08:55 PM   #6
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

If only Rush had made those remarks about Kordell Stewart...
Old 10-03-2003, 09:51 PM   #7
Beoulve
The Magister

Like a comment to this extent isn't expected from Mr. Limbaugh. I just rolled my eyes when I heard it, and was wondering, "Well, ESPN new his reputation. It's not like he's going to change his political critic nature just to stay on television."