Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 01:06 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I said:Watch the top left corner"...Today on training we practiced free kicks. So i put the ball somewhere around 20 meters from goal. I take my space,run up to the ball,strike it and i striked it in like a pro. I curved the ball... goalie tryed to saved it but it just came into top left corner and from the bar right into the goal...

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

You feel really cool...
Old 10-03-2003, 01:14 PM   #2
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
I said:Watch the top left corner"...Today on training we practiced free kicks. So i put the ball somewhere around 20 meters from goal. I take my space,run up to the ball,strike it and i striked it in like a pro. I curved the ball... goalie tryed to saved it but it just came into top left corner and from the bar right into the goal...

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

You feel really cool...
Ou Xen. Do you practise now? I mean do you have trainings now?
Old 10-03-2003, 01:15 PM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

I know the feeling. Once after a football practice I continued on taking free kicks from 20 meters from the goal. Nobody in the goal, but I was just aiming for the top left corner (as you did). I shot a lot wide, low in the goal, and then some older guys said I should just stop and go take a shower. I told them I wouldn't until the ball would sail in the upper left corner. So I placed the ball on the spot again, and shot it with a brilliant curl in the upper left corner, and left the older guys astonished [img]smile.gif[/img] Priceless!!

Another time I was fooling around with the ball during half-time of a soccer match of the first team. I was the only one present on the field, and was just firing at the goal for no purpose at all. I kicked the ball to like 30 meters from the goal, and prepared to shoot it in the goal. My best leg is the right one, but I can shoot with my left leg as well: I shot this one with my left leg, and it just zoomed (really hard and swift) to the left corner, halfway up the bar. It went in via the post. Of course no one saw me doing that, but I sure as hell felt awsome after that!!
Old 10-03-2003, 01:19 PM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

oh xen did u get into the team u wer trialling for or has it not happened yet?
Old 10-03-2003, 01:24 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
oh xen did u get into the team u wer trialling for or has it not happened yet?
Actually I am not the team now... [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 01:29 PM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
OK [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] What do you mean by this? You're not on the team, or your practising with that team right now?
Old 10-03-2003, 02:43 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
quote:
OK [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] What do you mean by this? You're not on the team, or your practising with that team right now? [/QUOTE]I am on the team... but i was not at that moment. I was home. I have trainigs every day from 16.00 till 18.00
Old 10-03-2003, 04:42 PM   #8
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Man I haven't played soccer in like 10 years. I used to be a goalie and a pretty decent one too. One year I only gave up one goal the whole year, and that was against the best forward in the league so I didn't feel too bad about it. We won the championship by a lot that year by the way and were undefeated. Then I retired. best to get out at the top of your game right? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 04:51 PM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
Man I haven't played soccer in like 10 years. I used to be a goalie and a pretty decent one too. One year I only gave up one goal the whole year, and that was against the best forward in the league so I didn't feel too bad about it. We won the championship by a lot that year by the way and were undefeated. Then I retired. best to get out at the top of your game right? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Something tells me that you know Kurt Cobain...
Old 10-03-2003, 05:27 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

* cough * not bad Xen. so are you the team's main free kick taker?