Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 12:42 PM   #11
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Indemaijinj:
I play tyranids. It is a hobby that is on a bit of a standstill for me lately. Mainly due to economical concerns.

My current project is to assemble an entire legit tyranid swarm of only flying creatures.

HQ - Winged hive tyrants

Troops - Winged ripper swarms

Fast attack - Gargoyles, winged ScyTal gaunts and winged ScyTal/Claw warriors

Heavy Support - Winged warriors with venom cannons

I already have the winged ScyTal/Claw warriors (a kickass unit) and the ripper swarms ready and I have some of the gargoyles too.
Tyranids? They are a real bastards- I had one real hard game and I at the end, when he came to close close combat it was a real masacre! But I won
Old 10-03-2003, 12:45 PM   #12
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

if a game starts to get boring then i sometimes just take a break for a while (if its possible) and then when u start again u arent bored and u can look at things from a different angle and see different tactics
Old 10-03-2003, 12:50 PM   #13
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
if a game starts to get boring then i sometimes just take a break for a while (if its possible) and then when u start again u arent bored and u can look at things from a different angle and see different tactics
Yes that I right. I do this several times, when I play. How about orks? Are they good?
Old 10-03-2003, 12:51 PM   #14
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
Yes that I right. I do this several times, when I play. How about orks? Are they good?
Old 10-03-2003, 12:55 PM   #15
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

My Ultramarines have travelled vast distances over the ages, smiting heresy wherever it may be. The only member who is on double-secret probation is "Timmy, the Vindicare Who Couldn't." I field him because everyone oooh's and aaah's over the paint job, and for a fear factor, but he never, NEVER, pays for himself (i.e. he never kills 110 pts. worth of stuff.) Usually, the best I get from him is one guaranteed kill on the opponent's heavy weapons trooper of my choice (using a turbo-penetrator round, 2+ to hit, 2+ to wound, AP:1).

I have yet to test the mettle of my newly-acquired Daemonhunter squad.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:56 PM   #16
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

orcs are pretty cool. Ive never battled with them before, wel actually i thnk i have once but that was just a small battle. I just like the look of them. Also i used some of their heads for poles for my space marines ;p
Old 10-03-2003, 12:59 PM   #17
Link
Jack Burton

While I do like the whole idea of Warhammer I've never played it, simple because such games cost a buttload of money. Same goes for Magic the Gathering which is a fun game as well (played it with my little brother and a friend of mine once)
Old 10-03-2003, 01:00 PM   #18
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
My Ultramarines have travelled vast distances over the ages, smiting heresy wherever it may be. The only member who is on double-secret probation is "Timmy, the Vindicare Who Couldn't." I field him because everyone oooh's and aaah's over the paint job, and for a fear factor, but he never, NEVER, pays for himself (i.e. he never kills 110 pts. worth of stuff.) Usually, the best I get from him is one guaranteed kill on the opponent's heavy weapons trooper of my choice (using a turbo-penetrator round, 2+ to hit, 2+ to wound, AP:1).

I have yet to test the mettle of my newly-acquired Daemonhunter squad.
We were talking about Daemonhunters - remember. I think that they are a real powerfull unit, because they have Deep Strike ability, they are Fearless... And They have Nemesis Force waepon (S: 6) and Storm Bolters and all this mixed with True Grit... No realy they rule, you can't miss them on battlefield. Trust me
Old 10-03-2003, 01:07 PM   #19
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
While I do like the whole idea of Warhammer I've never played it, simple because such games cost a buttload of money. Same goes for Magic the Gathering which is a fun game as well (played it with my little brother and a friend of mine once)
Yes, that is true. It does a buttload of money (but if you like it-you buy it and have it). I also like Magic The Gathering, but I haven't played it for quite a while. I have the swarm deck. But warhammer is a real good tactical game.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:07 PM   #20
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
yeh thats one of the main reasons why i havent bought anyhting in a while. They keep crankin up the darn prices!