Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2002, 06:42 PM   #1
Wynne
Dungeon Master

I REALLY loved Toad.

Seriously, I thought he was great. Cute, yes; but there's a lot more to it than that. As displayed in the movie, he has many layers... I think there's a part of himself that he hides from everyone, and has nearly buried entirely. Notice the expressions on his face and the sound of his voice during and following Xavier's possession of him; you can see the subtle hints there, he has another side to him. Normally, when facing the outside world, he seems to lose himself in a sadistic combat mindset, almost like he has steeled himself to the point where nothing matters but what he's been told to do. Only around Sabretooth does he seem to show a personality, because he loves to taunt the guy in a no-nonsense, fearless smart-arse kind of way. I think he is a tragic figure, because rather obviously, no one has ever given a damn enough to try and find out who he is. He's just the useful but ugly green freak, even to other mutants, and he's cultivated a sick enjoyment of it. His only loyalty seems to be to the Brotherhood, and they seem to use him, although they offer him some measure of respect.

Now, that said... I'm running an active list with 19 members at the present time. It focuses on the conflicts between the Brotherhood and the X-Men, and has some real plotlines going on, almost like a fanfic, except each person writes their own character's perspective. If anybody out there is a decent writer (you don't have to be the best; just reasonably coherent with your grammar and able to give the guy some preferably angsty fleshing out) we would LOVE to have you. I would be incredibly happy to get a Toad, he's so... so cute and green! And I'd love to have a chance to ask him the questions I have in my head. You don't have to know anything about his background beyond the basic "grew up in an orphanage, was rejected constantly by everyone for being a freak and became bitter through it, Magneto found him and took him in" to play him--the rest is yours to make up.

If you've never been in an RPG before, don't let that stop you; I will more than happy to help you learn the ropes as best I can.

If you're not interested in Toad, though, only the movie characters and Jubilee are taken right now. You can play others, like Gambit, for instance, if you incorporate them into the movieverse. And if you don't have the time or the courage to try and play, or you'd rather just see how things work before you decide, go right ahead and join. You can lurk and just read the in-character posts at the archive; again, it's sort of similar to a fanfic.

Here's the link below.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BrotherhoodX
Old 06-29-2002, 07:21 PM   #2
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I used to read the Xmen all of the time, I even know how Galactus dies and the name of the Janitor who runs time. If I had to roleplay an X-man, would it have to be one from the movie? Or could I be... say... Psyloche the Ninja? Or possibly Magneto, oh yes, i would love to roleplay him If not him then is Apocalypse open? or are you letting him in? Hmmm I think i'll be Mojo... Mojo is good [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Can I be the alien who likes to watch the Xmen and display them on TV for the universes enjoyment? His past is pretty much a mystery and i can do well with that