Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2001, 07:36 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

This happened at the station I use every weekday. The pub I use is about 50 yards from the station.

-----------------------------------------------
Police rule out terror link to chemical scare

Police say a chemical scare that sparked panic at a railway station was not terrorist-related.

The alarm was raised after several people feel ill near Enfield Chase railway station in north London.

Hundreds of people were evacuated and emergency crews cleared pubs and restaurants.

Diners in a nearby restaurants were told to stay indoors while firefighters and police, including anti-terrorist officers, investigated the incident.

British Transport Police said seven people suffered irritation but did not require hospital treatment after breathing some form of incapacitating spray similar to CS gas.

A spokesman said it was not yet known how or why the spray had been released.

The station was reopened after about four hours.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
So why is this a horror story. Well, the pub wasn't cleared, people inside were forced to stay there until well after closing time AND I WASN'T IN THERE!

It turned out that some kids had been using pepper spray in the station. The fire brigade were there in their chemical suits.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-16-2001, 07:54 AM   #2
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

While it's not really funny I can see where the terror lies for you.
I was trained in all this stuff. There is a fellow I work with. He once bought a can of CS spray at a swap meet. Then promptly took it out and tested it. He pointed the can away from him and let loose a burst, to make sure the can functioned. Unfortunately for him he forgot to check the wind direction.

LOL
I later informed him that he was a Dumb Ass.
To which he replied ... Gee Thanks.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.