Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #21
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
quote:
Originally posted by Link:
While I do like the whole idea of Warhammer I've never played it, simple because such games cost a buttload of money. Same goes for Magic the Gathering which is a fun game as well (played it with my little brother and a friend of mine once)
yeh thats one of the main reasons why i havent bought anyhting in a while. They keep crankin up the darn prices! [/QUOTE]Oh, but you can be happy, Warhammer factory is near you, and you probably have at least one very good shop. But here in Slovenia is a real trouble. We have only one shop, which had some troubles with Games Workshop and so they had no supply since february! And so we have to order by internet and you can imagine how much money that costs! You must be a happy guy, and if I were you... I would probably buy myself whole shop (no no I'm joking). How is it realy up there?
Old 10-03-2003, 01:18 PM   #22
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

well i suppose when u put it like that. There isnt that many games workshops around however, but theres more than one. But it still costs heeps!
Old 10-03-2003, 01:23 PM   #23
Link
Jack Burton

Here in Holland there is pretty much a scene for Warhammer and Magic the Gathering, at least I know there are quite a lot of stores who sell the cards/figures.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:30 PM   #24
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Ebay, guys, Ebay. Used minis -- painted or not -- are cheap there. I go there first. I picked up 3 squads of eldar aspect warriors that are quite nicely painted for only 200% or so of what the models themselves cost. Considering the time it saved me painting 18 models (I average 5-6 hours on one space marine, I'd say), I was quite happy. It'll be 6 years or more before I finish my marines and get around to painting all my Eldar, and I'd like to field painted units in the meantime.

But, crappy painted models or unpainted models can be bought for a song. And, if you can find ugly painted ones, buy them for cheap and repaint them. Soaking metal minis in acetone or plastic minis in a Dishwashing Liquid mixture removes the paint (you'll need to scrub with a toothbrush, of course). I picked up a horribly painted razorback, ripped it apart, got the paint off of the parts (enough to repaint anyway), then beat it up even more with my modeling knives to show combat wear. It's a way cool model that looks like it truly has seen a millenium of battle.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:05 PM   #25
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Here in Holland there is pretty much a scene for Warhammer and Magic the Gathering, at least I know there are quite a lot of stores who sell the cards/figures.

Sure, a lot of stores, but if you really want to get into the community of those games, one needs to head over to the Randstad or any other major city.

Only real-life XP with Magic was at my former school, where there were 7 kids who played it....
Old 10-03-2003, 05:03 PM   #26
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Ebay, guys, Ebay. Used minis -- painted or not -- are cheap there. I go there first. I picked up 3 squads of eldar aspect warriors that are quite nicely painted for only 200% or so of what the models themselves cost. Considering the time it saved me painting 18 models (I average 5-6 hours on one space marine, I'd say), I was quite happy. It'll be 6 years or more before I finish my marines and get around to painting all my Eldar, and I'd like to field painted units in the meantime.

But, crappy painted models or unpainted models can be bought for a song. And, if you can find ugly painted ones, buy them for cheap and repaint them. Soaking metal minis in acetone or plastic minis in a Dishwashing Liquid mixture removes the paint (you'll need to scrub with a toothbrush, of course). I picked up a horribly painted razorback, ripped it apart, got the paint off of the parts (enough to repaint anyway), then beat it up even more with my modeling knives to show combat wear. It's a way cool model that looks like it truly has seen a millenium of battle.
great idea! I think i might buy a few more now!! Thanks man