Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2003, 08:45 PM   #21
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
It's because they think they own the road.
Now really, Animal, it's very rude of you to drive on THEIR road, what's wrong with you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Seriously, though, I used to date a funeral director, and I can't tell you how many "clients" he'd get that were either people that had diven aggressively or we killed by someone else driving aggressively. He got more of those then Drinking & Driving victims.
Sorry about the insurance thing. I know that sucks. Here in NY, it's a no-fault state, so it doesn't matter what the circumstances are, if I get hit, it goes on my insurance.
I don't think it does if the other guy/gal is ticketed, harly! I've been hit several times and each one was the other person's fault so my insurance didn't go up.

Great rant, Animal! I always wonder why other people are so rude when driving and you wouldn't expect them to be that way in person...kind of like getting behind the wheel makes them brings out the worst!
[/QUOTE]FYI, guys. Unless there is a severe bodily injury, your insurance pays for it. New York is a no fault state -- each driver's insurance pays regardless of fault unless certain injury and damages thresholds are reached.

But, on the other hand, it does not make your insurance go up, since they can't assign a fault to you. Theoretically it actually helps keep insurance down. Plus, it lets YOU determine how good your accident coverage will be. None of this relying on the other fellow to maintain liability insurance. A problem you don't have in NY is the thousands of uninsured motorists that are on the road in KY, NC, SC, TN, etc.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:50 PM   #22
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Being a cab driver, I assure you, I understand. There is to many things to list here that drive me crazy about other drivers...

[ 05-06-2003, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 05-06-2003, 10:23 PM   #23
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

True Story from "The Road is Mine"
Lake Bridgeport, North of Dallas, is the site of trucks loading up with sand which is used in construction in Dallas. These 18-wheelers would travel down a State Highway for about 30 miles before intersecting the Interstate Highway and heading in to Dallas.
One day a pickup truck ignored a stop sign and pulled out on the State Highway right in front of a loaded 18 wheeler. The truck swerved around safely but the pickup was forced off the road. About 2 miles down the road the same pickup roared past the 18-wheeler and over the next hill. When the truck came over the rise of the hill the pickup was stopped in the road. The driver had gotten out with his rifle and fired 3 rounds into the trucks engine, obviously stopping the truck. He then got in his pickup and drove off. The trucker called the Highway Patrol and they caught the man who had done it. The driver of the pickup blamed the truck driver stating that he had run him off the road on purpose. He said "I turn there the same time every day." When asked why he didn't stop at the stop sign he replied "I've been living there for 30 years before they put that stop sign in. Everybody should know what I'm doing".
Old 05-06-2003, 10:55 PM   #24
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
True Story from "The Road is Mine"
Lake Bridgeport, North of Dallas, is the site of trucks loading up with sand which is used in construction in Dallas. These 18-wheelers would travel down a State Highway for about 30 miles before intersecting the Interstate Highway and heading in to Dallas.
One day a pickup truck ignored a stop sign and pulled out on the State Highway right in front of a loaded 18 wheeler. The truck swerved around safely but the pickup was forced off the road. About 2 miles down the road the same pickup roared past the 18-wheeler and over the next hill. When the truck came over the rise of the hill the pickup was stopped in the road. The driver had gotten out with his rifle and fired 3 rounds into the trucks engine, obviously stopping the truck. He then got in his pickup and drove off. The trucker called the Highway Patrol and they caught the man who had done it. The driver of the pickup blamed the truck driver stating that he had run him off the road on purpose. He said "I turn there the same time every day." When asked why he didn't stop at the stop sign he replied "I've been living there for 30 years before they put that stop sign in. Everybody should know what I'm doing".
makes me want to punch drivers like that. just for the record (this is TRUE) everyone who you have described about the worse drivers can all be found here in my city (manila, philipines) and MORE... so its real hard to drive here.

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-06-2003, 11:34 PM   #25
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Letter

From what I gather, the leading cause of highway accidents in N. Carolina is either one of three things: they're talking on the phone, speeding, or don't use their blinker. Winters are the worst. At times when it's not even safe to be on the road (ice for example), people are driving 15+ over the speed limit.

Another thing I see everyday is drivers who act like what they're doing is just. Bumper-to-bumper traffic is something we all hate to be caught in, but when you block an intersection because you don't want to wait at a green light?
Old 05-06-2003, 11:44 PM   #26
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:

Another thing I see everyday is drivers who act like what they're doing is just. Bumper-to-bumper traffic is something we all hate to be caught in, but when you block an intersection because you don't want to wait at a green light?
Oh yeah! I should have added in my own list of annoyances - people who don't leave space at keep clear signs and when you can't go straight through lights! And it's so stupid that they don't! - usually people who they let in are going straight across, not slipping in ahead of them so they don't even lose 'Their Place' in the queue.

LOL the other day I was behind this guy, and he DID keep clear for a woman who was trying to get through. Only it was two lanes and the other lane didn't bother keeping clear, and as the woman wanted to cross both lanes she couldn't go at all. Eventually when the traffic started moving the guy in front of me started moving, but gave the woman the finger because he left room for her and she couldn't make use of it

LMAO Ramon! You're probably right [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 11:50 PM   #27
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
From what I gather, the leading cause of highway accidents in N. Carolina is either one of three things: they're talking on the phone, speeding, or don't use their blinker. Winters are the worst. At times when it's not even safe to be on the road (ice for example), people are driving 15+ over the speed limit.
Here's a prime example: http://www.nbc6.com/news/topstories/....62e19de6.html

And taken from that article:

"The tractor-trailer driver, Robert Alexander, 37, of Palmetto, Fla., is charged with failure to reduce speed."

[ 05-06-2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 05-07-2003, 01:32 AM   #28
Mellagar

Where there are humans there is simple human incompetence. It is a plain fact of life, and unless we happen to return to the horse and buggy, I'm afraid all will have to smile and live on with it.

The foolish will always outnumber the sensible.

[ 05-07-2003, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Mellagar ]
Old 05-07-2003, 03:13 AM   #29
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

It always happen here, people just turn without giving any signal. and if they knock you they say you are in the wrong. also some people here have a habit of going into wrong lane, as if the roads is theirs.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:36 AM   #30
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
But, on the other hand, it does not make your insurance go up, since they can't assign a fault to you. Theoretically it actually helps keep insurance down. Plus, it lets YOU determine how good your accident coverage will be. None of this relying on the other fellow to maintain liability insurance. A problem you don't have in NY is the thousands of uninsured motorists that are on the road in KY, NC, SC, TN, etc. [/QB]
That and insurance fraud run rampant is why NY has one of the highest insurance rates of the country. My insurance just went up 25%, not because of anything I've done, but because of the reasons I've just listed. It's BS if you ask me.

As to the one who said he doesn't want to take Driver's Ed, you may want to talk to some insurance companies before you decide that. Depending on where you are, some will give you a nice discount if you take it.