Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2003, 03:47 PM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Ok, this is kinda weird: i casted limited wish for a second time (the first for the crazy quest with the gong) and asked for experience. Knowing a fight would ensue, i went into the Copper Coronet's battle arena-thing, and then casted the spell. I defeated the golems fairly easily, but the peculiar thing is I heard voices. Not only this, but i saw the words pop up on my screen. They're actually pretty funny. The first time was "Who's your daddy?" and then, "What about now?" This kind of worries me, as it would seem i have attracted the attentions of an invisible or hidden person. What's going on?

Also, can you get any different quests with the limited wish spell?

Thanks in advance!
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 03:52 PM   #2
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Do you by any chance had the sword Lilarcor equipped?
Old 11-16-2003, 03:56 PM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
Do you by any chance had the sword Lilarcor equipped?
JrKASperov is right. You have no need to worry. The voices come from Lilarcor the talking sword (Two-Handed Sword +3, you got it through the sewer riddle)
You'll notice it saying other things like "I don't chop wood, I'm not an axe" or "Are we going to kill something now".
So no need for preoccupation.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:35 PM   #4
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
indeed, i have realized this. i have also conversed with the sword, and i have to say, it is my new favorite weapon! very enjoyable. anyways, CAN you obtain other quests thru limited wish? also, thank you for putting up with idiocy. perhaps i should change my name to Lilarcor?
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 04:47 PM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
indeed, i have realized this. i have also conversed with the sword, and i have to say, it is my new favorite weapon! very enjoyable. anyways, CAN you obtain other quests thru limited wish? also, thank you for putting up with idiocy. perhaps i should change my name to Lilarcor?
No more quests from the spell, as the 'adventure of a lifetime' or whatever it's called is under the category of things that can only be cast once.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 06:08 PM   #6
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
indeed, i have realized this. i have also conversed with the sword, and i have to say, it is my new favorite weapon! very enjoyable.
Install the Banter Packs from http://www.forgottenwars.net and Lilarcor gets some more dialogue, mostly Minsc-specific ones.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:45 PM   #7
Fs.SaCuL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My favorite one: My old owner used to say I was 'sharp and edgy'... He was such an ass!

Lilarcor is great =}
Old 11-17-2003, 12:07 AM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

One of my fun screenshots:

Lilarcor- Can we go kill something now?
Keldorn- Aye, as you wish.

Just another good reason to leave the Subtitles on..... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 12:30 AM   #9
masteraleph
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
One of my fun screenshots:

Lilarcor- Can we go kill something now?
Keldorn- Aye, as you wish.

Just another good reason to leave the Subtitles on..... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Actually, I think it'd be fun to have the "I'd like to lodge a complaint. I want to kill a dragon..." right before "aye, as you wish".
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:02 AM   #10
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle:
quote:
indeed, i have realized this. i have also conversed with the sword, and i have to say, it is my new favorite weapon! very enjoyable.
Install the Banter Packs from http://www.forgottenwars.net and Lilarcor gets some more dialogue, mostly Minsc-specific ones. [/QUOTE]Both of the new Lilarcor banters require that Minsc wield Lilarcor, yeah. It seemed the best way to go, because the two seem pretty well made for each other. Maybe I'll include a Lilarcor/PC talk for a warrior PC who might so happen to be wielding it, but honestly I think the best bang for the buck is with Minsc since he and Lilarcor play off each other so well.

(the banters are Minsc/Lilarcor/Nalia and Minsc/Lilarcor/Jaheira, for the curious.)