Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Smiley

Welcome to the Bone of the Boar, the best-serving and hardest-drinking tavern in all of Ehb! Located in the heart of Skuldoon, we've got plenty to eat, drink, and be merry with... well, at least the drinkin' part!

This is a tavern, a friendly place to come into during your travels throughout the kingdom. Feel free to post about the latest battles you've had, the treasures you've found, the things you've seen... If'n you happen to post about your troubles, just remember that everyone in here who's going to give you advice has been drinking, so you may want to ask about those things in a thread of your own creation... maybe.

So, as the barkeep, lemmetellya that the first round is on the house, and that we officially welcome all newcomers here with a special welcome gift. Stay tuned for what that might be...

*sits back with some bloodred ale and waits for business... *
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 05:25 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

(staggering in)

I spent the weekend at a flyball tournament with bunches and bunches of dogs!! I was in charge of the raffle table - raffle to raise money for our Border Collie Rescue.

I'm still exhausted and I slept from about 6pm yesterday to 7am this morning!

I'll have something refreshing but not strong! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Highlight of the tournament - I got kissed by two puppies!! (and didn't bring them home - which is why I still have fond memories of this! lol!!)
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 05:53 PM   #3
dawnkeeper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I love flyball! My Aussie is way to old for that, but I think he dreams about it. Lol! [img]smile.gif[/img]
dawnkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:35 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Some elven tea for Wyvern, to take the edge off and make things easy for a bit. It'll help you get some sleep, too [img]smile.gif[/img]

For me, it's been a long day, starting with my wife deciding that I didn't need to be sleeping in today if she couldn't [img]smile.gif[/img] On the plus side, I got to Guitar Center this morning for their Memorial Day blowout and picked up a couple of minor drum things.

Nice job with the puppies, Wyv [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] To get that close and not bring 'em home is definitely a challenge...
-+-+-+
Old 05-31-2005, 10:06 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by dawnkeeper:
I love flyball! My Aussie is way to old for that, but I think he dreams about it. Lol! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Flyball is such a great dog sport!! I love how everyone is rewarded for playing no matter how well or poorly their dogs do - after all the point of the sport is to do something WITH your dog - not to necessarily be the best.

This was the second tournament for our Rescue's flyball team: Junkyard Dogs - they won in their division (newbies) They actually broke out of the newbie level (i.e. ran faster) a couple of times but that would be because Deb is an experienced Flyballer and has some FAST dogs!

It's fun to watch too if you remember your earplugs! lol!!

Thanks for the elven tea, Bungleau - that's about my speed! hehehe
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:58 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You're most welcome, Wyv [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] If'n you want something *special* added in, just let me know

Started a second character last night... a straight mage. Decided to see if some of the wisdom about applying all your skill points into INT really did make a difference... can't tell yet.

Sadly, a mage is still a hack and slash beast at the start. The two spells you get are close to meaningless, although I do like the smell of barbecued rat after a swarm of 'em comes up on me

On the plus side, swinging around that magical staff is really cool, even though I can't follow it all! It's nice to be able to beat back on those goblin mages... and it also seems to stun slimes when it hits! Now, if I can just get enough skill to wield this staff of burning I found...
-+-+-+
Old 06-04-2005, 08:55 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

*rushes into the bar, looking over his shoulder*

Is he still following me?

The troll, I mean. The Troll Giant.

I came across him up near Bolen Fields, all big, green, and unhappy-lookin'. I've seen those trolls before... big and mean, and enough to smash a little runt like me without blinking twice. Little compared to the troll, I mean.

I fired all my fireballs into his belly.

He blinked. I think.

If that weren't bad enough, a band of thieves came across me at the same time as the troll. Lemmetellya, it's hard fighting one battle, let alone seven.

So I figured I'd head toward the gates of Fargrove, so they could follow me and I'd have a defensible position for battle.

Nice thought... on my way there, I was beset by a pack of rats.

And then a pack of wolves. Old green and stubbly is still chasing me.

Then a pack of spiders. This is really getting old!

Then a patrol of Barrowgrim's soldiers. Enough, already!

Somewhere along the way, I lost ol' green and moldy. But I think he's still out there... somewhere...

So, if'n you don't mind, I'm going to hole up here with some imported Red Ghar's Ale and lick my wounds a bit. I'm tired...
-+-+-+
Old 06-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #8
Dajjer
The Magister

Dajjer steps away from the blazing fireplace, hands still warm from the comforting heat. He takes a nearby chair and straddles it with the back of chair in front of him. He grabs a mug of ale he thinks was his, swills it in his mouth for a moment, smiles and tells his tale.

Well youngun, that aint the only thing you have to fear out there in them woods I tells ya. Last week when I was getting my bearings after leaving Airndale, I paused for a moment to get a drink from the river. But the air didn’t feel right. Quiet the woods were. So I’s looks around to see whats what.

In the distance the grasses seemed to be taller than they should be. But it weren’t tall grasses I was looking at. Nope it was an army. And army of the dead. But the dead is no match for me and my blade. But there were so many of them. And they were marching like no regular army. They marched across the country side 10 across and 2 deep.

A challenge yes but not an impossible one. So I went to swinging and down they went. The dead became deader. Corpses to my right and to my left. But then something caught my eye. Two female witches seemed to be watching the whole thing. It looked like they were the one’s giving the orders so I ignored the walking dead and went for the head.

Them witches were quicker than they looked and easily dodged my first few swings. But when there dead henchmen started to get in on the act it seemed the crowded battle field benefited me more than they. And I got in some good whacks.

But I must have then made em mad because they pulled out there dol gone magic tricks. First they spit locust at me and then they entangled me with the very roots of the earth. And there I stayed stuck to the ground while the dead commenced to beat on me to become one of their very own. But the roots were not a permanent spell, so I ran away until I literally feel into a lake.

For some reason these folks musta been ascarrd of water because they didn’t follow me in. So I took out my bow and tried to pick them off. And it was working. I whittled down the dead to just a couple and had one witch almost dead but then her buddy came by. I musta have made em mad again because they took out their magic tricks again. But this time getting the roots to freeze me did not help them because I was to far way for them to hack on me. So when the spell wore off it was me and my arrow . . . again.

Now them witches were furious and were walking up and down the river bank trying to cast more spells on me. I laughed. But this time they tried something different. They combined their root attack with their locust attack. And what that did was first freeze me and then the locust attack would push me backwards. It was nothing until they succeeded in pushing me into the deep end of the lake. And there I was frozen and sinking into the abyss. Fortunately the spell wore off but just as I got up for air they froze me again. And again, and again.

The next thing I remember is waking up next to this nice fire.

Dajjer tips his mug to the barkeep.

[ 06-04-2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Dajjer ]
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'll refill that one for you, Dajjer. [img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img] That's a mighty nasty way to go... hopefully, you gave as good as you got.
-+-+-+
Old 06-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Brief update... Dina Thebes (my rogue) was running around for a while yesterday with an arrow stuck in her backside... just thought I'd share [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+