Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I downloaded the demo (all 1.4 gigs of it) this week. I have to say it's a very nice game which looks great with some creative ideas thrown in!

It is not, unfortunatly Might & Magic. For that, you would need three more in your party. That's not so bad though. The thing I was most disappointed about was that it's not turn-based. I'm just not good at fast clicking and hitting of keys.

Maybe I'll play the demo some more and see if I can get used to it.

For them of you what like real-time stuff, you're in for a treat!
Old 10-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Dajjer
The Magister

I was down on this game at first when it seemed all they were doing was ripping of the Might and Magic franchise. But two things changed my mind and to turn this into a must purchase.

1) The trailer of the mage doing these visually amazing things just blew me away. Stunning.

2) These are the same folks who did Arx Fatalis and I loved that game. So the franchise is in good hands.

BTW, I too am concerned about the fast clickness but when Deus Ex was announced as an RPG first person shooter I had the same concern but I worried for nothing. Let's hope it is the same case for Dark Messiah.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

The one thing I found really strange is that you can't rest to heal. At least I couldn't figure out how. It's all potions; maybe spells, or nothing.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:02 AM   #4
Dajjer
The Magister

Hmmm, that is strange. Might be something that was just in the demo (I hope)
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
bakrus
The Magister

well i bought this good looking game today and im impressed of graphics and the improved Morrowind/oblivion play style, but its not a might and magic game! its just dark messiah, a great first person rpg game that i just cant resist to play!

its a MUST game.. i got addicted before i`ve even installed it. just by looking at the dvd, i already felt how good this game is!!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 05:52 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Agreed. I am enjoying it tons more than Oblivion. This thing is actually made to be played on the PC (how odd we have to say that). I might actually finish this one!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #7
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I just got Heroes 5 this weeks and it's pretty! I guess I'll be busy with that for a while. I'm glad to here the game is being enjoyed.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:39 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah it's really great. There was a couple of frustrating parts, but overall it was a really great game. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2006, 06:26 AM   #9
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I actually meant to say that Heroes 5 is pretty "good". And I'm glad to see that Dark Messiah is being received well.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #10
Thoran
Galvatron

I got DMMM over the weekend for son for his birthday. I've only seen the intro and about 15 mintues of gameplay but the graphics are awesome.

One warning is that the system requirement are STEEP, it's having more problems on my fastest home system than either HL2 or Oblivion did. Periodic studders are the primary symptom. I'm guessing it's either wanting more than 1gig of ram or a faster processor (Athlon64 3000). It's also got some seriously long load times.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote