Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 04:37 PM   #21
ogopogo
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by jlinkk:
Did anyone else have a problem playing Wiz six, and 7 from the archives disk after the install? I cant load up 6 or 7? arrrr. I got it today, it wasnt even wrapped in plastic. I wonder if I got a returned product.
jlink
What type of problems are you having? error messages and such?
ogopogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 06:08 PM   #22
jlinkk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wiz's one 1-5 work. 6 and 7 do not. gold works. When I got to execute 6 or 7 a black dos window pops up saying "testing system... speed compensation not needed.. , than it crashes to my desk top. But wait, dont ask why or how, but I got 6 loaded twice in a row ). Wtf. hehe. go figure. )
jlink
jlinkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 08:14 PM   #23
jlinkk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, this is not working. I thought it was going good. Created a good party, got inside the dungeon, and the first fight the rats were in super fast motion. The whole fight was in super fast motion. After I beat up some rats, I went to "disk, "config, and tried to change the delay, and it crashed to my desk top. It said this program must run in msdos mode, and shut down all other programms. Ok. sure. So I run the game in msdos, the computer gos through its usual (testing system... speed compensation not needed). Then is says "playing at 87.7% of system speed...
Your program caused a divide overflow error, if the problem persists contact your vendor.
Then the computer exits to window??
Wow. any help or suggestions would be great. thx.
jlink
Old 06-06-2001, 09:01 PM   #24
ogopogo
Manshoon

Yeah, you are having the same problems that many people have. The problem being that the game was built for slower machines and the new pentiums run too fast. Anyhow I probably wont be able to help that much because I never did get the game to work. Anyhow, try to search through this board there are many, many posts on this same problem. www.softwarespecialties.com/cgi-bin/rpgforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumlD6
Old 06-06-2001, 09:04 PM   #25
ogopogo
Manshoon

Sorry that link does not work. Try here www.softwarespecialties.com/cgi-bin/rpgforum/dcboard.cgi and follow the link to wiz 7 board. Hope it works and helps. You will have to search through the posts but you should find something that may help.

[This message has been edited by ogopogo (edited 06-06-2001).]
Old 06-07-2001, 01:27 AM   #26
Llevram
Welcomed New User

Quote:
Originally posted by ogopogo:
I am not Saz but I may be able to help. Try here I just looked and the game is sold at www.chipsbits.com/cgi-bin/order.cbi_home?source=82004
Thanks for the plug, Ogopogo, whoever you are.

Llevram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 02:41 PM   #27
ogopogo
Manshoon

Llveram you have a nice Wizardry site. Do you have any *inside* info as to when Wizardry 8 may be coming out? or are you just as lost as the rest of us? It seems so wierd the official website hasn't been updated in well over a month.
Old 06-07-2001, 11:53 PM   #28
jlinkk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got the game to run nice after I disabled cache 1 in the bios settings. )
jlink
Old 06-09-2001, 04:33 PM   #29
Ravashack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

He's got no more information than the rest of us, unfortunately.

Ravashack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 12:47 AM   #30
Snoekie
Dungeon Master

Yeah, it's still unkown what publisher will distribute the game and thus no release date either. It would suprise me if it isn't released this year though.

And welcome to the boards Ravashack!!

------------------
Snoekie

Snoekie is offline   Reply With Quote