Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 09:54 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

By Robert McCammon. Is the best book I've ever read in its genre. Brilliant, never boring at all, deep. You can find it in the horror section of your bookstores, even though it has quite a lot of fantasy in it as well. If anyone is a fan of Stephen King's "The Stand", they will after reading Swan Song think The Stand inferior. Robert McCammon doens't write anymore, hasn't for at least 8 years or so, dunno why, no websites on him either as far as I can tell I hate it when authors who are exceptional never get noticed. His writing is not complicated, yet deep and insightful, never boring, and intense as hell and really deep, and with the fantasy element as well for just fun. I dare anyone to read Swan Song and say they didn't like it. Everyone that I have recommended the book to, and who took my advice and read it, all agreed with me.

So next time you are in the bookstore looking for a wild ride, with elements of horror (not sicko stuff, I kinda hate the way some books are given the "horror genre" title, as that makes some feel it is some sicko book like Freddy Kruger or something, when so many are not, could to me easily be classified as fantasy), elements of friendship, comaraderie and love, elements of the fantastic, elements of struggles, insurmountable odds, surviving, elements of good over evil.. elements of what humans are really like... I could go on..

Sheesh, just go get it already, it's not a new book been out for 10 years or so, lots of bookstores should have it, so get it. Tell me what YOU think, just go get it dammit what are you sitting there for? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-13-2002, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 06:21 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Let me add to your list of McCammon's brillant work: Boy's Life. Absolutely remarkable. It, too, is a blend of fantasy and horror and a real page turner. Very deep, mesmorizing plot.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote