Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2003, 11:51 AM   #71
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Quote:
Originally posted by chrisofthedale:
guys, iam about to post something a little rash... please dont hate me, its not you, i love all of you guys and if you want to keep contact get MSN and add me but as for now, this is my good bye to you all
What did he do?[/QUOTE]Another angst ridden teenager falling on his sword.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-11-2003, 11:53 AM   #72
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by arion windrider:
i saw that chris has done something wrong.. but i wont go there.. i hate going to work
Perhaps Horatio and I can't see it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Or more likely what he did has been deleted, or he hasn't done it yet. Can someone fill us in!
Old 02-11-2003, 11:56 AM   #73
Link
Jack Burton

Hi there Sigmarish Sigmar! How is HADB doing this day (or rather: How is HADB doing right now?) Is Hiram still acting as a leader? [img]smile.gif[/img] Please fill me in as well.. I really missed something here I think... everything... going... so...fast

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 02-11-2003, 11:59 AM   #74
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

This sort of inquiry is EMAIL or pm stuff guys. Suffice it to say that for whatever reasons (ill advised in my opinion), chris posted something completely out of line, then requested to be banned instead of just ceasing to read the forum or post here or even asking for his account to be deleted.

THAT's all gang, show's over, let's move on!
Old 02-11-2003, 12:02 PM   #75
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Hi there Sigmarish Sigmar! How is HADB doing this day (or rather: How is HADB doing right now?) Is Hiram still acting as a leader? [img]smile.gif[/img] Please fill me in as well.. I really missed something here I think... everything... going... so...fast
Slower then you think my old brother in arms

Hiram is currently MIA due to personal issues he is dealing with, but yes he is still the leader.
The forums have experienced a rebirth of sorts but I haven't been able to go recently due to all ther work I've had to do. So all in all the only REAL active HADB member is...

*watches dustball roll by*

Unfortunately not even I can say that I'm a true member of HADB...I still believe however that our time will return...just when one of our leaders decides to make his eventual return

We all also have a new coffee machine of the second floor of the forbidden castle...thats about it...oh and I saw a pigeon the other day...but thats not official HADB buisness is it, no its not *takes medication*.

Good to see you're still around [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2003, 12:04 PM   #76
Link
Jack Burton

Yessir!! er... Yes ma'am! Moving on! How is everybody feeling today? I'm actually quite fine, hungry, but fine. Shouldn't eat too much though, cos I'm on sort of a diet. Need to lose some weight, because I'm rowing nowadays, and there are some weight restrictions there Still got three weeks 'til the first race of the competition.. Looking forward to it, because we have a pretty decent chance of winning it (we're the first team in our weight class that can win a medal for the rowing club!!)

Old 02-11-2003, 12:07 PM   #77
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Slower then you think my old brother in arms

Hiram is currently MIA due to personal issues he is dealing with, but yes he is still the leader.
The forums have experienced a rebirth of sorts but I haven't been able to go recently due to all ther work I've had to do. So all in all the only REAL active HADB member is...

*watches dustball roll by*

Unfortunately not even I can say that I'm a true member of HADB...I still believe however that our time will return...just when one of our leaders decides to make his eventual return

We all also have a new coffee machine of the second floor of the forbidden castle...thats about it...oh and I saw a pigeon the other day...but thats not official HADB buisness is it, no its not *takes medication*.

Good to see you're still around [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old? Who're you calling old there buddy!!
Good to hear that you're fine, Sigmar. I did visit the HADB website lately, and posted something, but it looked kinda deserted, but I'm positive that with the coming of the new coffee machine the members will all return to their safehold, namely the Forboding Castle!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2003, 12:08 PM   #78
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Yessir!! er... Yes ma'am! Moving on! How is everybody feeling today? I'm actually quite fine, hungry, but fine. Shouldn't eat too much though, cos I'm on sort of a diet. Need to lose some weight, because I'm rowing nowadays, and there are some weight restrictions there Still got three weeks 'til the first race of the competition.. Looking forward to it, because we have a pretty decent chance of winning it (we're the first team in our weight class that can win a medal for the rowing club!!)
You row?

So do I The Calpe Rowing Club from Gibraltar you might have heard of it? We compete in the British Nationals and a number of other competitions. What do you row in (a scull, quad, double) ?
Old 02-11-2003, 12:17 PM   #79
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah I row.. Have never heard of the Calpe Rowing Club though.. sorry [img]smile.gif[/img]

I row in Leiden (major university city in the Netherlands) at Njord. It's one of the biggest rowing clubs in the Netherlands, and the only one to bear the tital "Royal".
In Dutch it's called 'boordroeien', but I'm not exactly sure what it is in English. It's not sculling, that's for sure, because that's the 'Dutch' term as well for rowing with two oars. It's just with one, that's what I do.

Old 02-11-2003, 12:26 PM   #80
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Yeah I row.. Have never heard of the Calpe Rowing Club though.. sorry [img]smile.gif[/img]

I row in Leiden (major university city in the Netherlands) at Njord. It's one of the biggest rowing clubs in the Netherlands, and the only one to bear the tital "Royal".
In Dutch it's called 'boordroeien', but I'm not exactly sure what it is in English. It's not sculling, that's for sure, because that's the 'Dutch' term as well for rowing with two oars. It's just with one, that's what I do.
Hmm then that could either be a pair- [
[
/
/
[
[
\
\
[
[

(which is essentially a double but instead of two oars each you use one on either side)

Or what we call here in Gibraltar a Yiola (a big boat that holds four people but its built for rough water conditions, each person on board uses a big oar)

Have you done any kilometer pulls? Like 10KM or 15KM?
Also do you use Ergometers? (rowing machines)

Forgive the amount of questions, I'm just eager to learn what rowing is like in other places aside from Gibralatar,Scotland and England