Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2002, 08:14 AM   #1
Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs
Dungeon Master

I have three faeries in my party, ninja, mage and psionic. Not much armour for them laying around. That is why I want to make the armour for "the little ones", TM Antone the Rapax. Have all ingredients save "venom crab shell". If I'm not mistaking I fought some venom crabs leaving the monastery in an earlier game so I went back to make some crabsticks. But only monsters spawning are crusher crabs, no venom crabs, went inside monastery, slept for a day, went back out, still no venom crabs, rested outside. only crusher crabs. Is the venom crab fouun in any other location or can I just forget the armour for the little ones?
Old 02-12-2002, 08:44 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Venom crabs - beach at Monastery, Arnika road (sandy passes), Bayjin. Just keep on trying. Also if you killed them once, the shells should still be there - go back and scout around - cast X-Ray.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:47 AM   #3
Dungeon Master

Killed them in a previous game, been trying to spawn venom crabs, but only get crusher crabs, maybe down at beach, have a new go later to night maybe
Old 02-12-2002, 09:18 AM   #4
Lok
Elite Waterdeep Guard

there is also some doll armor in the rapax prince playroom that is only wearable by faeries.
Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 09:33 AM   #5
BlackHand
Elite Waterdeep Guard

IIRC there are only pants and gloves in the castle. I personally don't use my Zynaryx Plate at all. It weights 6 times as much as the Gosamer Gown and has no mental resistance bonus. And what use is armor class for a caster anyway? You will get hit with or without the plate.

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: BlackHand ]

BlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 09:43 AM   #6
Dungeon Master

Was planning the plate for the Ninja, but his ac is quite good, thanks to stealth I guess.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:23 AM   #7
Lok
Elite Waterdeep Guard

actually the plate cannot be used by ninjas ..
Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 10:30 AM   #8
vesselle
Hathor

~~gothmog lord of the balrogs~~

we have come to the conclusion that whatever it is that you really need is nearly, if not completely, impossible to find. [img]redface.gif[/img]

read our thread on the woes of not finding spider silk or crab shells or wood spirit staffs for our special armor needs.

the Blonde Brigade, with all their charms, have yet to find a way to outfit little Aria with her much needed, but impossible to make, faerie armor. ::sighs:: i won't go on any more. just read the thread. ::shrugs, smiling::

V***V

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: vesselle ]

Old 02-12-2002, 11:40 AM   #9
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

I always found venom crabs outside the monastery, but you have to be a low level.

The other problem I can see with this is how do you get the skull for the other armors? I only found the one in the graveyard, it doesn't drop from regular monsters.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:57 AM   #10
sloucho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had a hard time spawning venom crabs too. (It wasn't a big deal, as I agree that the Zynaryx Plate isn't anything to get terribly excited about, but I wanted to complete the quest just for the sake of completing it). I think it may be true that venom crabs spawn more frequently at lower levels, but I finally got them to spawn even though my party was level 13 or so. (I kept making a tour of the sandy road and killing crusher crabs and higardi highwaymen for DAYS before I finally got a batch of venom crabs.) So even though it may be harder to get venom crabs beyond 10th level or so, it's still possible.

Just to echo the claim that the most essential items are almost impossible to find, I reloaded the fight with the tree creatures (oak saplings, if I remember correctly) in Trynton 5 times without getting a spirit staff. I remember getting 2 staffs from the 3 beasts the first time I played the game and assuming it would be easy to get them again. (I also got Excalibur in the Nessie chest my first time through and made the mistake of assuming it would always be there.)
sloucho is offline   Reply With Quote