Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 01:24 AM   #1
Holy Knight Delita
Manshoon

Right then Lets Recap...

The Characters and their colors respectivly:

Damien(Party 2)= Mistral4543
Raymond(Party 2)= Larry_OHF
Eliza(Party 2)= Mistral4543
Gavrouche(Party 2)= Mistral4543
Sorsha(Party 1)= Mistral4543
Legolas(Party 1)= Legolas
Jaime(Party 1)= Larry_OHF
Delita Hyral(Party 3)= Holy Knight Delita
Ospery Miroreagke(Party 4)= 250
Ni Deng(Party 5)= Legolas

I think that's Right...

Let's see... Party 1 is on a quest to avenge Sorscha's lover Justin, whom Legolas resembles closely. Justin, and Sorscha's Step family have been Poisoned and killed by two mysteroius men. The men are on their way to a place called the Sea Witch.

Party 2 is on a subquest seeking treasures throughout the sewers of in some large city. Damien is searching for a supreme artifact, the others are tagging along.

Party 3 has been sent to protect party 1. Delita had was being hunted when a man by the name of Dalben (whom was a freind of Sorsha's) saved Delita. To repay Dalben, Delita vowed to meet with Sorsha & her group and protect them.

Party 4 has just attacked and won the fight, battered from the last battle Ospery seeks aid.

Party 5 has just been left hanging.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:56 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The mage bent low and crouched into the narrow tunnel that descends into deeper darkness, his torchs burnt low. He walked slowly, moving his head now and then dodging the low ceiling. His shoes wet by the dirty water. As he stepped on the pool, hs footsteps could be heard echoing down the sewer channels. Frowning, he realized that the unwelcoming sound could make an him an easy prey, "Gods know what live beneath here." He thought, finally he decided that worries could get him nowhere, he continued on, letting fate keep dangers in check.

Some shuffling noise came from furthur down the tunnel, he frozed in place and stopped his walk. Helding out his torch, he tried to make out the form that seemed to be just out of the light radius.

"Mortias vilias morzzura"

Unconciously, a infrasion spell slipped his lips, smiling at the small success, he gained some renewed comfort. With the help of the new vision, he scanned the surrounding area, marking out numerous small heat forms "rats" he thought "sewer rats" Breathing little easier, he continued on...
Old 12-09-2001, 10:06 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Continuely advancing, the mage descended into more dense darkness. Not even the infrasion spell could make out the objects five ft ahead of Osrepy. Breathing nervously, he inched his way through the tunnel. Strange odors filled the air around him, stink and sour gases from the rottens mass of whatever creatures' long dead bodies grew stronger by step. Helding his breath, he covered his nose with his long sleeved hand, and breathed underneath. Not so much better, he frowned in the dark, I hope I dont die here. He quietly laughed at the humor in this statement, that would be ironic.

Eventually, he reached a dead end. He reached out his hand, and feel around the obstacle ahead of him. The wall is covered with decayed plants, nasty dripping water mixed with dead soils and dusts covered its surface. Patiently, Osprey searched by his hand, and then he found what he sought: a glass ball. He stopped in place, and tried hard to control his excitment.

"cntrol, Osprey, control" he mumbled. the stronge odor no longer bothered him at the moment. Carefully, he removed the plants and dusts on top of it, each time he touched the ball, a blue surgy of energy sarkled inside the ball, shedding lights on the surroundings. After all is cleaned, Oprey stood back, and stared into the darkness.

"this is it" he silently said "I've found it!" blood shot into his head as its implication struck home. Shaking head furiously, he subdued the excitment. There must be no mistake from this point. He pointedly warned himself.

Firmly, Osprey enclosed his hand around the glass ball, and said the command word

"I who seekth, findth."

Blue light came to live within the glass ball, it danced and danced and grew dense every second. Finally, the whole wall is lighted by blue light. A liquid-like face surfaced out of the blue light, it is the guardian.

"L-L-Let me pa-pa-pa-pass, I commmme to seek knowledge!" Osprey shouted with all his courage, knowing any hints of doubt or lie could result his demise... or maybe worse

"Turn back, Misguided One. You will not find what you seek here." The blue face replied evenly

"That m-m-may no-no-not concern you. I-I-I-It is by my choice I come, sssso it is I-I leave." Osprey prayed the bluffing would work, and cursed his own stuttering at the same time.

With a great sigh, the guardian said "
Small I am
Yet big things I protect
I guard sorcerer's tower
Yet a guardian I am not
Treasures I safekeep
Yet I always am safekept

what am I?

This is easy, Osprey thought, "Key" he replied with a confident smile, too caught up by excitment, he completely forgot his stuttering.

The blue face sank slowly back into the wall, and blue energy grew vasnihed gradually as the solid wall dissolved into nothingness, only the outlines shinned blue light.

"yes!" Osprey silently congratulated his success. "I WILL not fail, I WILL not fail." repeating the encouraging phrase over and over, he stepped through the portal. As he passed the blue outlined wall, the portal snapped shut behind him, leaving him against, once again, a soldi stone wall.

"So this is .... the Maze of the Seekers"
Old 12-09-2001, 11:56 AM   #4
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorsha

Feeling Legolas' arm around her shoulder, she sinks in the warmth of his companionship gratefully. She looks at Jaime unwaveringly, her eyes still hurling daggers at him ~ "I promise you nothing but that I'll find out the truth." ~ Once again, her voice, though quiet, is tinged with an unfamiliar tone of resolve ~ "And if you were to try to escape... I promise you that we'll hunt you down to the ends of the earth if need be."

Tilting her head towards Legolas, she casts him a weary smile ~ "I found a diary of Philip's. Maybe it'll also shed some light on the mystery of the three deaths."

OOC>>> Welcome Delita and 250 [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] What a wonderful surprise... I just touched down about 2 hours ago from a 3-day trip to Bangkok and here I am, having read all your first-rate posts I spent all my free time developing my RP characters on IW and have decided to cut down on the number of character's I'm RPg in this thread
Old 12-09-2001, 12:01 PM   #5
mistral4543

Gavrouche

What?! It can't be! ~ He almost bites his tongue in frustration ~ I just missed him by a second, I suppose... ~ A furrow forms on his brows as he looks at the strange elderly-looking person.

Ah well... should we resume our quest then, back into the sewers? ~ He peers down the grate distastefully ~ More likely Raymond will get us into trouble again... what a bumbler he can be... ~ But almost simulaneously, a sense of guilt touches his conscience ~ That's not exactly true...after all, he did kill the first ghoul...

In his distraction, he fails to notice the movements of the rest of the group, as well as the elderly person.
Old 12-09-2001, 12:06 PM   #6
mistral4543

Damien

Gritting his teeth as he charges up towards Gavrouche and Raymond, he strains his ears hoping to catch whatever important information might have passed between the two and the elderly figure ahead. ~ Damn that rogue! Always one step ahead of me! ~ Cursing inwardly, he holds back the urge to swing a blow at the impertinent upstart. Only the hope of impressing Eliza with his gentlemanly ways keeps his impulses in check.

Casually, he turns around to address the lovely bard now ~ "Say, what do you think... Eliza?!" ~ To his horror, he discovers that she is gone. He glances around wildly, hoping to catch some hint of where she could have disappeared. But she is nowhere to be found.
Old 12-09-2001, 12:06 PM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

Get

He had been trapped. For how long, he does not know. All he knows is that he has to fight. Fight the keepers. Each day. Every night. Without pause, no rest.
The treasure must be protected. Every last bit. The keepers want to collapse the ceiling. Shift the walls. But he would keep the way open. He had done so for what seemed an eternity. Yet he remembered a life before that, faintly. A life before he entered the darkness, eager for knowledge. A life before he had gotten himself lost in the maze. A life before he had to fight the keepers.

His thin body, hardly more than a skeleton, he could not move. He could not spare the strength. His life, was nothing. The maze must be kept intact.

For days, he had wondered why the keepers had turned upon their masters' creation. He knew he was thinking in circles. But he ad been here for so long there was nothing else for him to do. Except fight the keepers.

His eyes registered a change in the hall. Very, very faintly, light seeped in. But to his eyes, it was a burning inferno. He closed them, but it did not help.

It seemed someone had entered the maze. Maybe that person could take the treasure to safety. Then he could finally die. Or, maybe, if he was really lucky, the person could get him out as well. Maybe. But that was selfish. The treasure should be saved first.

His thoughts were interrupted as the keepers tried to collapse the roof above his body once again.
Old 12-09-2001, 12:13 PM   #8
mistral4543

Eliza

"I've got a little problem here." ~ She admits, her cheeks flushed ~ "I think I need your help, after all, to get rid of them." ~ Her eyes glitter as she looks at the group of men in the nearby tavern. As she had expected, they remain expressionless - they had to, on pain of death - and bow respectfully ~ "It is as you wish... y.. Eliza." ~ Stammering as they almost reveal the secret.

"Good... the sooner, the better." ~ A genuine smile of relief crosses her worn-out face ~ "We have to act fast. I'll do it tonight."

No more words need to be spoken, for they are in sync with one another's thoughts. Acknowledging their favour with a brief nod, she dashes out of the tavern, to join her companions once more...
Old 12-09-2001, 12:34 PM   #9
mistral4543

The Next Day...

At the break of dawn, Gavouche, Damien and Raymond are shaken awake by a desperate Eliza ~ "Look! A patrol!... Have any of you been committing any crimes or such?" ~ As she speaks, the patrol of twenty guards, led by what appears to be the Captain of the guards, arrives. Their stern demeanour brooks no friendly banter.

"Alright! Which one of you here is Gavrouche?" ~ The captain's booming voice shatters the silence of the early morning. His eyes narrow as he perceives the still relaxed expression on the rogue's face ~ "And which of you is Damien?" ~ Seeing the man's slightly worried countenance, he relents a little ~ "Well, it's just a routine check here... we received a tip-off sometime ago that there're some smugglers around here, dealing in contraband. Certainly against the express orders of King Cedric, the ruler of these lands."

Advancing forward toward the two suspects, he jerks his head towards their knapsacks ~ "If you don't mind, please open them." ~ It is not a request, and the two know it.

-------------------------------------------
Gavrouche

"Really, I wish I did have that kind of deal going for me..." ~ His jaws drop as his hands loosen the strings of the bag and draw out a bale of the finest silk he had ever laid his eyes on ~ "Hey! Where did this come from?!... What..." ~ His face begins to drain of colour ~ "Y..you've got to believe me..." ~ His voice trails off helplessly.

-------------------------------------------
Damien

With a sickening feeling, he opens his sack with slightly shaky hands and his eyes nearly pop out of their sockets as the rare bottle of whisky is revealed. Even in his youth he had come to learn of the different varieties of liquer available in the world, and this one was about to send him to his life imprisonment... if not death.

"Someone must have planted it there!" ~ He shouts, and realisation dawns on him as he turns to Eliza ~ "You're the one! You volunteered to keep watch all night, so you could plant all this incriminating evidence on us!" ~ The fury within now breaks out in an incoherent outburst ~ "You whore!... May you rot to death on this very day!...Why, you..."

Before he can get further, he receives a brutal punch on the head by the captain ~ "That'll teach you to mind your manners to her... to this young lady."
Old 12-09-2001, 12:41 PM   #10
mistral4543

Eliza

She heaves a sigh of relief momentarily as she watches Gavrouche and Damien being led away by the patrol. Yet she feels the eyes of Raymond resting reproachfully on her back.

Turning around, she gazes at him earnestly ~ "You don't believe what Damien said, do you?" ~ On impulse, her hands reach out to hold his wrists, shaking them ~ "Say you'll continue with me, now. Our adventure... one without unnecessary dangers, yet still interesting enough." ~ Her voice quivers with emotion as she continues to plead with him ~ "I need your help, Raymond. I need to find someone."
Closed Thread