Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
jellylad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello all again.

The 3 wilderness areas.....
Are these just "link" areas that can be entered any time - i.e not really plot/quest related.
I'm thinking of wandering the se wilderness to kill things and level up a bit. I'm level 15ish at the moment.

I won't disturb any quests doing this will I???
jellylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 12:58 PM   #2
KraGorn
The Magister

You are correct AFAIK, certainly I can't remember anything unusual about these areas on my run through where I actually finished ... as opposed to the four where I didn't They seem to be there simply to link the "action" areas and also provide some extra XP/goodies to collect.

The Wilderness Clearing in the SE does feature in one of the plot variants later on but you can safely go in an wipe out the wildlife earlier without affecting later should you choose to follow the path which involves it.
Old 02-19-2002, 02:49 PM   #3
Rhea
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by jellylad:
Hello all again.

The 3 wilderness areas.....
Are these just "link" areas that can be entered any time - i.e not really plot/quest related.
I'm thinking of wandering the se wilderness to kill things and level up a bit. I'm level 15ish at the moment.

I won't disturb any quests doing this will I???

Have fun! There's a tough battle at the Temple, but it's worth it because you get Fang, which is a pretty good sword - and it's a chance to pick up mummy dust for Antone, if you haven't already (and maybe some other stuff Antone can use). The only area that's plot-related is the Northern Wilderness.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 05:23 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The northern wilderness is mainly just a link area. The Mountain wilderness, however, is important, since that's where you meet Bela.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 05:49 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

>The Mountain wilderness, however, is important, since that's where you meet Bela.

Do you need to have met Bela to be able to complete the adventure?
(I haven't tried that out yet: he sells too many interesting items )
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 12:47 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

No, you probably don't have to meet Bela to finish the game. He's there to give you some background, and remind you what has to be done to finish, namely collect the three items and disarm the tower.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote