Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 10:10 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER

Sazerac, Editor
Contributing Photojournalists: Wyvern, Sauron

The Many Changing Faces On The Pyramid: An Update

Today's feature story is on the Pyramid of Lord Cet, where great changes have been taking place. Allegedly, the Incarnate Lord of All Evil has been so outraged at the gratuitous copying of his precious Gwyll weathervane, that he has had it removed and replaced with . . . well, several other designs, shall we say.

The following is a transcript, recovered from the demonic hands of the Dread Lord's number one henchman, Sathius.

"SATHIUS!"

The bobbing head of the spirit of Cet bellowed, rocking the pyramid with its ferocious intonations. The indigo-colored demon materialized before the Master of All Evil, bowing low.

"What is it you wish, oh my Lord?" Sathius inquired in his politest, most guttural accent.

"Sathius! Have you seen what is occurring in this blighted land? The idiot mortals who dwell therein are making cheap replicas of my precious Gwyll Weathervane and passing them off as authentic!"

"Nay, Oh Evil one, I had not noticed," spake Sathius.

"If you weren't such an ox-head, you would notice such things!" Cet spat out angrily. "I will not have my personal designs made a mockery of! Oh, for to have a physical form again! I will rain blood, and hail fire, and storm poison over this filthy world! I will make them grovel! I will . . "

"Yes, M'Lord, but what is to be done about the 'vane?" Sathius inquired.

"Go forthwith and destroy it!" Cet ordered harshly. "Grab something...anything...one of those screeching Raptors that constantly run around my pyramid, stick a rod up its rear, and place it atop the Pyramid! Let's see if they'll dare to get close to copy THAT! See that it is done Immediately!"

"Right away, M'Lord," Sathius said, and de-materialized.

Photography by Wyvern

Within a day, Cet began bellowing for Sathius again.

"Yes, Oh Divine Ugliness?" Sathius inquired. "What need you now?"

"You watch your tongue!" Cet said. "I'll have your impudence rewarded by assigning you privy duty in the Sprites' quarters! Have you SEEN what has happened? What have you wrought upon me, you blue-face, bull-headed idiot!"

"Why, what is wrong?" Sathius inquired. "I brought you a raptor for your pyramid, just as you requested."

"That's just what IS wrong!" Cet bellowed. "All it does all day long is twirl and shriek and drop eggs. My pyramid, my sacred tomb, is now beseiged by would-be goody-goody RANGERS trying to catch the eggs as they fall! They're desecrating the unholiness of my beloved shrine! The raptor simply won't do. Take it down immediately! Go get something. . .one of those ferocious spiders that wanders the deserts. . .Gozira, they're called. Let's see if any goody-goody, namby-pamby adventurers try to desecrate THAT! Ohhhh, I will sleet offal on this benighted realm, and precipitate. . ."

"Right away, your Unholiness," Sathius sighed, and dematerialized before he had to listen to another of the Dark Pharaoh's rants.

Photography by Wyvern

"SATHIUSSS!!"

"Yes, your Atrociousness?" the blue-skinned demon asked.

"You IMBECILE! You OXBRAIN! Look at what you've done to my Unholy Resting Place! The pyramid is crawling with Centaurs! They love the taste of Gozira flesh. What do you think you're DOING?"

"But, your Unholiness, I..."

"SILENCE, you fool! I will have you scrubbing the Mummies' wrappings with your TEETH within the week! Get rid of that blasted spider! I will not have my blessed monument trampled on by a bunch of raging horseheads!"

"What do you want me to replace it with, O Your Discarnateness?"

"ANYTHING! Find ANYTHING and put it up there! Just get rid of that thrice-damned GOZIRA! And blast those horsemen out of there as well."

"Right away, M'Lord." Sathius' eyes had a wicked, infernal gleam to them as he left the chamber of Cet Ude D'ua Khan.

Photography by Sauron

SATHIUSSSSS!!!!

So, gentle readers, anything is likely to manifest atop the Pyramid of the Dark Lord. Many seekers have made it out there, fascinated, placing bets on what will appear up there next.

Keep watching for updates from the Gael Serran Examiner. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

-Sazerac, Editor.

------------------
Back issues of the Gael Serran Examiner now available!
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:14 PM   #2
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ROTFLMAOPMP!!!!! thank you thank you.... talk about pest control!

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:16 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

Too good!!!!

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:58 PM   #4
Moni

I am a GSE ADDICT! Love it! Thank you Saz, Wyv and Sauron!!!

Moni
Old 04-04-2001, 11:13 PM   #5
nowhereman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

great fun, as always, saz
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 08:00 PM   #6
sauron1955
Dungeon Master

Great copy Saz.It's amazing what a twisted mind can do with a few so so pictures. I could never have created such a marvelous story.

------------------
chance favors a prepared mind
sauron1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 12:21 AM   #7
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

WhooHoo! What a Hoot! Great Job everyone! More more more. . .

Mammawlin

[This message has been edited by mammawlin (edited 04-06-2001).]
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote