Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2002, 04:48 PM   #1
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

right i started my kansai ready for my "invincible party" (for those who heard)and at level 9 dualled him to mage.
i had a normal katana equipped and it said couldnt use it when i dualled! does this mean i cant use the celestial fury and/or the da'akon zerth balde? any help will be appreciated.

[ 12-01-2002, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Throrgrim ]
Old 12-01-2002, 04:52 PM   #2
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

You'll have to wait until you become a 10th level mage, and you'll regain your old classes's abilities, namely the ability to use katanas.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:56 PM   #3
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

awwwwwwww wot? u mean i gotta be 10th level to use celestial fury and zerth blade? bummer! that'll take yonks that will!
Old 12-01-2002, 08:50 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Thorgrim, reading my site (to which the link is provided in my sig) will answer a HELL of a lot of your questions.

Think of it as a combination Tome of Clear Thought / Tome of Understanding: Reading it will grant you +1 to both your INT and WIS.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:05 AM   #5
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

right m8, i read ur site (very good )
will my kensai/mage eventually be able to use katanas again? cos ur example said this:

"When assigning weapon proficiencies for your first class, plan ahead and be aware of where you're going to put them in your second class, as well. Let's say you really like 2-Handed Swords, so your Fighter puts lots of points into Large Sword. Then you Dual to Cleric, and eventually get your Fighter half back—and all your points in Large Sword are gone. Well, duh, Clerics can't use bladed or piercing weapons, ever, so those points got erased."

does that mean my kensai mage can never use celestial fury and da'akon zerth blade dual wielded?
Old 12-02-2002, 03:20 AM   #6
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Dualled Mages can indeed use Katanas, so don't fret. When you get to level 10, all will be revealed.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:09 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

Does the example say that? I've never tried a fighter/CLERIC but TTBOMK:
- The 2H sword should really vanish until the cleric regains his fighter abilities.
- Then, the 2H sword should REAPPEAR - and the fighter/CLERIC should be able to use it! Well, when the fighter/CLERIC equips a 2H sword, all his cleric abilities get disabled because a cleric cannot equip a 2H sword. Once the fighter/CLERIC puts the sword away, the cleric abilities should be enabled again. The behaviour is the same as the behaviour of Imoen, for example. She is a thief/MAGE. She can equip a leather armor but she cannot cast spells from it. And so on.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:33 PM   #8
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Basically dualled characters (after the second class is 1+ levels higher than the first class) have the same restrictions that multi-class characters have; so for example, a fighter/cleric can't ever again use bladed weapons (check the manual on p 71/72 for the multiclass descriptions).
Old 12-03-2002, 12:39 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I once had a Fighter who grandmastered in Longbows, then I dualled him to a Cleric. The points were still there when my first class reactivated, but my character was unable to equip a Longbow.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 12:32 PM   #10
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I once had a Fighter who grandmastered in Longbows, then I dualled him to a Cleric. The points were still there when my first class reactivated, but my character was unable to equip a Longbow.
Yes, the point indeed remain.
I once created a Swashbuckler/Cleric who dual wielded Celestial Fury and Belm that way.
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote