Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2002, 05:42 PM   #1
Moni

I just got an e-mail from my mother containing links to my ancestry through my father's side of the family...wills where my (so many greats) grandfathers were bequeathing everything from this and that particular slave to "all my land from such and such river in NC to some particular point in Tennesee to this son and all my land from that same river south to another river in SC to that daughter, etc." (in more specific words, but yes...from SC to TN, my ancestors owned most all the land in the 16 and 1700's).

But, to quote my mother's e-mail just under the links she sent me:
"You have an awsome family history!!"

I had read these same pages days ago.
I am inclined to agree with her. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, this Clampett is off to "cook some vittles"
[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
I'll see you all later!

[ 07-26-2002, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-26-2002, 06:08 PM   #2
Moni

It just occured to me to clarify my opinion of my ancestors wills in case I offended anybody.

I do not, nor have I ever been prejudice against anyone, nor have I ever supported the idea of slavery!

You just have to understand that these's people's lifestyles were something that we (most all of us if not all of us) have never had to experience for the duration of our lives...no electricity, no plumbing, etc and hundreds of acres of farmlands from which they made their living. It is easy to understand, thinking about it, why they all had no less than 10 children throughout many generations, but I just don't get why the oldest son got the majority, the oldest daughter got most of the rest and the younger children got a hundred acres here, a hundred acres there, and a cow and a gun lol.

(I guess this would explain why I had to literally beg for the bolo tie my dad is wearing in the pic I have of him lol)

Anyway, my post was not made to brag on my ancestors way of life, nor was it made to give a yahoo to owning people...thank God for Abraham Lincoln!

My point was that my mother not only did something nice for me but she said something nice at the same time and dern near killed me with the shock.

OK, I am off to get cookin'
[img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Well KHaN pointed something out to me that I had missed....her very first words were "This is a gold mine!!!"
Since my father died, she has moved east and has been taking possession of every piece of family land that she can get her hands on....this thread is now null and void for an oversight on my part...Satan's advisor is still his top demon...move along, nothing to see here!

[ 07-26-2002, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-26-2002, 09:18 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You're not trying to claim 3 or 4 US states as your own now, do you Minno ? Cause that would be greedy, and besides, there may be other people living now ! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2002, 10:06 PM   #4
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
You're not trying to claim 3 or 4 US states as your own now, do you Minno ? Cause that would be greedy, and besides, there may be other people living now ! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
LOL, NO!! I said my ancestors owned it all! Obviously they don't own it all anymore 'else they'd be making whole cities "Git off their land!" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'd bet you anything though that my mom is trying to get the deeds to every last unclaimed acre!
Hell if I was greedy, I'd have more than just a bolo tie of my dad's that's for sure!
If you ever understood how SO NOT EVIL I really am, you'd feel bad for picking on me! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2002, 10:13 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
First of all i'm not picking on you, and second, i love it when you're being evil
Old 07-26-2002, 10:18 PM   #6
Moni

LOL well OK, I'll try to find more of "Evil Minno" in myself...just for you johnny....'cause I like you! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]