Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2001, 08:47 PM   #1
joay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've read that you can't become zenmaster or valkerie until about endgame.
Could i speed that up a little?? I just got over to the Western ocean areas, haven't done any dungeons over here yet, I have Tomb of Wind and Tomb of fire(did i miss any so far???). Can i get the other 2 easily and/or quickly???

Any help would be good.

Thanks in advance,
joay
zenmaster at heart
joay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 08:49 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi joay!

No, there is no way to speed that up. The last tome is in Cet's pyramid and the Valkyrie quest is also there - and that's near the end of the game.

Sorry, Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 09:10 PM   #3
Tananda
Elminster

As Wyvern said there is no way to become ZenMaster earlier
It's a shame that to enjoy being Zenmaster one should play whole game again! Of course, there are a lot of people who play W&W again and again (I am playing it the third time now), but think of those who played it just once and never was able to roleplay Zenmaster or Valkyrie! So sad!

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 06-12-2001).]
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 11:49 PM   #4
joay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you replay do monster difficultly's go up or is it the same level as your first play thru???
Old 06-12-2001, 11:54 PM   #5
Tananda
Elminster

The difficulty of your game depends only on your choice of options in the Game Options screen, not on the number of completed games

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 01:52 AM   #6
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Sadly there is no way to become a Zenmaster early on :'(. I'm going to try again but with a new character becoming my Zenmaster (Well, I'll cheat a LITTLE. I'm still gonna have my Omphaaz become a Zenmaster but I'll keep the books for the newbie).

I wonder why they made the Zenmaster and Valkyrie appear so late in the game? I can understand that a Zenmaster is powerful so potentially cheap but a Valkyrie isn't THAT great. I mean, they're good but and Assassin is better and you get them a third of the way through the game! I wonder if it's just an oversight...

-Jafin

------------------

I may look like an old man now, but just you wait until I take off my fake beard and wig and show you Tiltowait!
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 02:30 AM   #7
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Hi joay!

No, there is no way to speed that up...

Sorry, Wyv
Well, it appears that a very talented lady has retired from performing essential services to poor stranded players...

Come on Wyv, don't let that poor adventurer out there, on a limb, crushed by the fact that he can't be a Zenmaster before the end of the game...

Ryanamur
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 08:51 AM   #8
joay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you replay do monster difficultly's go up or is it the same level as your first play thru???
Old 06-13-2001, 04:48 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ryanamur - hehehehe

Okay - I "could" do some "magic" but the truth is - I don't have the codes for all the tomes (could probably find that easily enough) and, as I'm getting closer to the surgery on my right eye (Monday) - I'm trying not to offer my hacking services too much right now.
This isn't quite the same situation as a lost key, missing the assassin's quest or a unavailable glowstone when you need one!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 07:30 PM   #10
Max
Dungeon Master

The only way to cheat and get a Zenmaster early is to climb dragon spire and then tree surf. Do the dungeons that contain the 4 tombs, get your Zenmaster and then go back and finnish the rest of the dungeons. But this should probably be left for a later replay of the game.

You would have to do the crypt (to get the mavin signet (although I do beleive there is a way to the second village without it by tree surfing again)), Serpent Temple (tomb of fire), Booger caves (tomb of wind), Collosium (tomb of water) and finaly Cets pyramid (tomb of earth).

Supprised no one else has metioned this, or is there a no cheat policy happening now that I do not know of..??....lol

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote