Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 06:48 AM   #61
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Just saw some crowd peices and I love the way they modified the chants.

Instead of "We love you Arsenal - WE DO" we had

Love Australia - WE DO
Love Australia - WE DO
Love Australia - WE DO
AAAAAAAAAU - STRALIA WE LOVE YOU!!!

But the one I like most was the "One-Nil to the Arsenal" change up - was great to see the Aussies waving their arms at the Croatian supporters chanting

Your shiiiiirt - is a tablecloth

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2006, 07:04 AM   #62
wellard
Dracolisk

Mad

The table cloth one is very good but I still prefer the one we sung against Japan

When Australia went 2-1 up and the japanese fans went quite, that the Australians began to taunt them by singing... "You only sing when your whaling"

It still cracks me up

[ 06-23-2006, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:01 AM   #63
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

So if Simunic got three yellows, when exactly did he score his first? I've just watched the replay (all but the first 10 mins - i'm jinxed dammit!) and i failed to count 3. The commentator did. The guy who writes the screen captions did. But i didn't. Did it happen in the first 10 mins?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #64
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

There goes the Asia's challenge. Oh well, better luck next time.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #65
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

In a side story, an American tourist there for the games got lost after the game. Not only did he forget how to get back to his hotel, but he forgot the hotel name and everything else associated with it.

He wandered around for six hours, then went to the police for help. Armed with little more information than "it was a ten-euro cab ride" and "we passed a park and a Mercedes dealer", they eventually got him there at 3AM.

*Sigh* Every time you turn around, someone else adds to that American image throughout the world...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:39 AM   #66
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:

Again, most of what i have to say has been said. Except that i seem destined not to be able to view an Aussie game in it's entirety this world cup. It takes a LOT to get me out of bed at 4:15 in the morning. Trouble is, i should've gotten up at 2:30am. I missed the first 60 minutes! I'm positive SBS advertised on tuesday night for a 4:30 start... Someone - EVERYONE, please make sure i don't miss our match up with Italy!

According to the official FIFA site, the match is at 5pm German time. Which is 1am Australian time. So, uh, you might need to reset your alarm

Edit: Whoops I just saw you're from WA - according to the FIFA match time converter, that would be 11pm?

[ 06-24-2006, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Aelia Jusa ]
Old 06-24-2006, 01:53 AM   #67
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by Sever:

Again, most of what i have to say has been said. Except that i seem destined not to be able to view an Aussie game in it's entirety this world cup. It takes a LOT to get me out of bed at 4:15 in the morning. Trouble is, i should've gotten up at 2:30am. I missed the first 60 minutes! I'm positive SBS advertised on tuesday night for a 4:30 start... Someone - EVERYONE, please make sure i don't miss our match up with Italy!

According to the official FIFA site, the match is at 5pm German time. Which is 1am Australian time. So, uh, you might need to reset your alarm

Edit: Whoops I just saw you're from WA - according to the FIFA match time converter, that would be 11pm?
[/QUOTE]I did think that timezones had something to do with it. I see now that SBS times are always stated in AEST. *slaps forehead* Thanks Aelia. [img]smile.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:56 AM   #68
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
In a side story, an American tourist there for the games got lost after the game. Not only did he forget how to get back to his hotel, but he forgot the hotel name and everything else associated with it.

He wandered around for six hours, then went to the police for help. Armed with little more information than "it was a ten-euro cab ride" and "we passed a park and a Mercedes dealer", they eventually got him there at 3AM.

*Sigh* Every time you turn around, someone else adds to that American image throughout the world...
I wonder [img]smile.gif[/img] . We almost missed a tour bus pick-up in Paris at the Eiffel Tower back in 1997 and the 5 Aussie girls with me at the time were in a total state of panic about how they didn't know where the hotel was and how we would ever find our own way back.

That was till I asked one of them with a knowing smile did she have her room key [img]smile.gif[/img] . As usual (well 90% of the time) the key or card has the name of the hotel written or engraved on it somewhere. Man I was fated as some sort of wise guru that never loses his head in a crisis - I had a 5 member harem of hero-worshipers for a while - almost a pity that the bus came back for us.

I bet your American tourist had has room key on him all the time and wonder if he even thought to look .
Old 06-24-2006, 09:56 AM   #69
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Five woman harem? The legend grows...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:38 PM   #70
Stratos
Vampire

*Sigh*

No more WC for Sweden. Congratulations, Germany.

[ 06-24-2006, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]