Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 04:53 PM   #51
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

That happened to a referee before. Andy D'urso.

Hence, when a ref gives obvious decisions against us, the song "You're worse than Andy D'urso" gets sung *grin*

Well done Aussies! Nice to see you in the knockout phases.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #52
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Old 06-22-2006, 05:42 PM   #53
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Wow that was fast made johnny
Seriously tho Poll should be sacked after that, he was unbeleivable!

Yeah its gonna be hard to referee when both teams are playing like school boys but missing two blatant handballs especially the second that took place right in his face?! Not to mention his misunderstanding of the cards.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:46 PM   #54
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
ROFL Johnny

So proud of the boys, especially Harry with his goal. What a relief for Kalac it must be after letting in that sitter, not being the reason they are going out. They definitely need to start converting more of their chances though, or at least having their attempts at conversion be a bit more decisive. Some weak crosses and corner kicks as well.

Missing the handball was dreadful, although I think there seemed to be poor decisions both ways.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:04 PM   #55
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well I reckon all plaudits to Poll for the most even handed ref perfromance of our tournament. Sure there were ineptitudes, but contrast honest blunders to the Merks bias and I will take this any day. We should have had 2 penalties, they should have had one, the equaliser by Harry was offside (linesmans fault there) and apparently "3 wrongs make good night" but all in all there was more to admire in the way the game flowed than if you look at that dreadful dreadful German ref's efforts in round 2.

Guuus - mate - you're a legend [img]smile.gif[/img] - BUT......

You don't stuff about with defensive organisation by playing 2 keepers in a WC campaign. Like the Germans named Lehmann over Khan early - you pick your foundation and you go with it. Don't you remember the Greece game where Kalac fumbled and muddled his way through soemhow without conceding and the Dutch game where Schwarzer was unbeatable. Kalac had a total of 2 saves to make in this match and he let both in. For crissake get Mark back between the sticks for the Italian job [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Other than that - WOOHOO
Old 06-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #56
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Bah! Enough whinning already. Your country made it to the next round. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Asia's only hope rest on *cough* South Korea now.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:24 PM   #57
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

South Korea's been close before, but that was with Guus at the helm..

Again, most of what i have to say has been said. Except that i seem destined not to be able to view an Aussie game in it's entirety this world cup. It takes a LOT to get me out of bed at 4:15 in the morning. Trouble is, i should've gotten up at 2:30am. I missed the first 60 minutes! I'm positive SBS advertised on tuesday night for a 4:30 start... Someone - EVERYONE, please make sure i don't miss our match up with Italy!

Oh, and LMAO Johnny! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:58 AM   #58
Link
Jack Burton

I think Guus was trying to harden the game more by putting in Australian players with a Croation background, hence the choice for Kalac. He might as well have a different reason, though.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:27 AM   #59
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
What a relief for Kalac it must be after letting in that sitter, not being the reason they are going out.

Missing the handball was dreadful, although I think there seemed to be poor decisions both ways.
Remind me Aelia which team was Kalac playing for? Dont forget that simple catch he dropped earlier and almost went in bar for an aussie stood on the line pushing him out! It was a disgraceful performance and I do agree with Davros that once you pick a goalkeeper you stick with him. I normally am quite forgiving of blunders but if those mistakes had cost us the game I would have shot him myself

While the ref did a howler with the 3 card trick I (again) agree with Davros that he was not to bad overall, the offside miss was the linesmans fault.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:35 AM   #60
wellard
Dracolisk

BTW If the croatian that should have been sent off scored in the last moment to win the match for Croatia (and that thought went through my mind)would the result stood or would FIFA have awarded the match to Australia after? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

[ 06-23-2006, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote