Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 09:06 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

(SPOILERS)

Alright there's this little gnome twerp in Ulgoth's beard called dushai. Now in my previous games I remember him having some info to tell me after some time but now he just says "I'm trying to meditate".
I've already finished Ice Island And WW Island quests and he still has nothing new to say. I've rested a few times for 8 hours and still he wont say anything else.

I know that he's completely unimportatant (I pp'ed him already) and that what he says has no effect on any quests whatsoever. It's just that somehow its really really annoying me. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] I hate those little bugs! Already had Calahan not appearing after talking to Mendas. And now this. Grrrrr... this is so bugging me....

Meditating for 4 days now. What a freak. Nothing better to do. [img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img]

[ 02-19-2005, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 02-19-2005, 11:59 AM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I had a bug in Ulgoth's Beard as well. Even after completing the quest on the WW Island and Durlag's Tower, upon returning to Ulgoth's Beard, the screen that comes up when you return from WW Island to Ulgoth's Beard came up again. I don't remember if Mendas was alive again, but it was just a weird bug.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Had this as well... wometimes when I reload on Ulgoth's beard (after completing WW), the screen would come again... simlarly on WW when reloading the screen which appears on entering the island would come up.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:00 AM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Try talking to her (not your fault, Female Dwarves and Gnomes use the same avatars as the Males) with someone who has a higher Charisma.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Try talking to her (not your fault, Female Dwarves and Gnomes use the same avatars as the Males) with someone who has a higher Charisma.
Higher than 18??? I though 18 would be high enough for anything...

Anyway is there a way to raise CHA higher because 18 is the highest I can get in my party (Viconia+Tome+cloak).

Are "Friends" cumulative? If so I will try it for Edwin or Xzar.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #6
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Just tried it. Friends do stack and no, she won't talk even with 25 CHA.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #7
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

According to Near Infinity just now, charisma has no effect on her dialogue, and her only purpose is to say that she is meditating. However, if you have talked to Mendas but have not yet gone on your journey, you can pay her 100 GP to hear her summarize Balduran's voyages. Not really worth the money, but if you really want to hear it...
-Brainless One

Edit: PS: If Dushai is the one there holding the Ring of Free Action, it may be because if you try and offer her 50 GP or something degrading like that, she will cast Web on your party and leave.
-Brainless One

[ 02-27-2005, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Brainless One ]
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:09 PM   #8
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Thanks Brainless One.

Obviously something has been wrong in my conversation with Mendas.
When I exired Calahan wasnt there.
And Dushai too didnt recognize that the conversation took place.
But otherwise Mendas' quest and WW Island went okay for me.

I played the game before som I know what Dushai has to offer. And the ring was pp'ed.