Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2002, 10:49 PM   #1
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Well, David, if you haven't noticed, we... urgh em... I was going to ask her today, I swear on it, but my stalker (her best friend) came up to me and asked me right before I asked her, I of course.. considering I like her friend not her, plus she's annouying... said no. Yes I know, your not supposed to, but I did, I said no, she was rejected, and the worst part about it, is Erica, the girl I have been waiting all day to ask out to a movie, (yes that was my genious plan) was right there when I rejected her... That blows, it ruined my whole day, cause how could I ask her after rejecting her best friend right in front of her...? HOW YOU TELL ME.. HOW?! Well, to make matters worse, she kept insisting I tell her why I said no. I told her cause I didn't want to, but she wouldn't accept that, so she kept on bugging me, for a half an hour this bugging and nagging went on, then I flipped... I lost control, and said some things I would've never said if I would've been controlling my temper. But you can only hold it for so long you know? Enough is enough, and she didn't realize that, so, I upset her with some of the reasons I gave her, she ran off to someone else weeping and crying, like I was the bad guy, but if she would've just accepted the first answer I gave her about 50 times, she wouldn't have had to hear me shout out why I said no, and trust me. I said, "-=-"

I am sorry, I cannot repeat what I said on here, I do not wish to offend anyone, so I had to edit this cause of what I said, it said all of what I said to her... It wasn't pretty.

[ 11-01-2002, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Black Dragon ]
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 11-01-2002, 10:55 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I know you couldn't help it, but there are better ways of dealing with difficult situations than with verbal abuse. You're going to have to try twice as hard now, even if it is remotely possible, to get this girl to go out with you. Sorry dude.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:56 PM   #3
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dragon:
Well, David, if you haven't noticed, we... urgh em... I was going to ask her today, I swear on it, but my stalker (her best friend) came up to me and asked me right before I asked her, I of course.. considering I like her friend not her, plus she's annouying... said no. Yes I know, your not supposed to, but I did, I said no, she was rejected, and the worst part about it, is Erica, the girl I have been waiting all day to ask out to a movie, (yes that was my genious plan) was right there when I rejected her... That blows, it ruined my whole day, cause how could I ask her after rejecting her best friend right in front of her...? HOW YOU TELL ME.. HOW?! Well, to make matters worse, she kept insisting I tell her why I said no. I told her cause I didn't want to, but she wouldn't accept that, so she kept on bugging me, for a half an hour this bugging and nagging went on, then I flipped... I lost control, and said some things I would've never said if I would've been controlling my temper. But you can only hold it for so long you know? Enough is enough, and she didn't realize that, so, I upset her with some of the reasons I gave her, she ran off to someone else weeping and crying, like I was the bad guy, but if she would've just accepted the first answer I gave her about 50 times, she wouldn't have had to hear me shout out why I said no, and trust me. I said, "-=-"

I am sorry, I cannot repeat what I said on here, I do not wish to offend anyone, so I had to edit this cause of what I said, it said all of what I said to her... It wasn't pretty.
Welcome to the world of women. You can't live with them and you can't live without. Get used to it, it doesn't get any easier!
Old 11-01-2002, 10:57 PM   #4
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Nanobyte, you don't understand, I was very nice to her when I said no the first time, and the second, and the third, and so on, then after a while, she wouldn't give up, so I gave her the full answer she had been working towards getting out of me, so, now she knows, she should be happy, she wanted to know so bad, Its not my fault I am only human...
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 11-01-2002, 11:05 PM   #5
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dragon:
Nanobyte, you don't understand, I was very nice to her when I said no the first time, and the second, and the third, and so on, then after a while, she wouldn't give up, so I gave her the full answer she had been working towards getting out of me, so, now she knows, she should be happy, she wanted to know so bad, Its not my fault I am only human...
Lesson #1: No matter how much women tell you they want to here the truth, they don't. Example: Do these jeans make me look fat? There is no right answer to this question. This is a loaded question with no correct answer. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:05 PM   #6
Nanobyte

Still, there are better ways you could have resolved this problem. You could have said "I can't talk right now" and walked away. I know this seems unreasonable, but it will keep you from looking like an ass (no insults intended)
Old 11-01-2002, 11:10 PM   #7
The Hierophant

Honesty is the best policy. You (eventually) did the right thing in telling her the whole truth. She has no choice but to accept that you have no feelings for her and move on. You must be firm and resolute in this, and don't lead her on with fake politeness/kindness, especially if you genuinely can't stand her.
As for the girl you like, well, you're just gonna have to play it cool for a while. Don't go overboard with apologies or attempts to get her to overlook how you treated her friend, that'll just make you look to her like the 'stalker' did to you. Take it slow and see how things pan out.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:10 PM   #8
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well you could always... or maybe... hmm...
Nope your pretty stuffed...
Shadow's response would have been to go out with her friend as to get closer to her, but then again people are sometimes offended by that [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ah well, good luck.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:11 PM   #9
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Still, there are better ways you could have resolved this problem. You could have said "I can't talk right now" and walked away. I know this seems unreasonable, but it will keep you from looking like an ass (no insults intended)
Oh great, someone arrest this man, I'm so offended I can't think straight, LOL, nah, I don't get offended like most people do, I usually have a very good temper, but when I lose it(which has only happened twice in my whole life!!) I tend to go crazy... I lose complete sense of everything around me and just blurt out stuff you'd never expect to hear from me, which I tried not to say to her, but she wouldn't shut up, since she's my stalker she would've just followed me anyways, so I had to say something to shut her up, I did get her to leave me alone, but due to how much she seems to have an obsession on me, I believe she will be trying to talk to me again within the next 2 weeks... So, she's not scarred for life, she'll be fine, but I on the other hand, I may have just ruined my chance with the only girl who actually doesn't talk to much, or nothing annouying that I've ever met!! I can't stand it, its p***ing me off, I can't even ask her no more, cause of what I did to her best friend!
Old 11-01-2002, 11:13 PM   #10
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Apologise PROFUSELY on Monday!! This may not be the absolute cure, but if you don't do it you're totally dead. Go right up to her and apologise, say you had a bad day, and that what you said was inappropriate BUT DON'T SAY YOU DIDN'T MEAN IT.

Be nice to her. Don't hit on her or anything, but be nice, you know.